cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukbobboy
Legend

Actors that make you believe that their super heroes alter egos exist

@caseyb1993 @Andy @GraphiteGB @mark_suff @Andy-S @SeeMoreDigital @dpwykes @commanda6

Hi Guys and super hero fans

I was talking to my son about actors who play super hero and their civilian identities, especially how well they portrayed those civilian identities as separate and believable entities.

OK, to start off I want to list the following actors:

1) Tobey Maguire - His portrayal of Peter Parker in Spider-Man 1, 2, and 3 was nothing short of brilliant and, IMHO, is the best "Peter Parker" that has ever been shown on both TV and films.

2) Edward Norton - Hulk's alter ego, i.e. Bruce Banner, could not have a better actor, Ed Norton actually captured the very essence of what it's like to be relatively shy, unassuming man on the run from the military but all the while trying to keep his monster under control.

3) Michael Rosenbaum - Not a hero but a very dangerous villain, as I've said before Michael Rosenbaum's Lex Luthor is the very best representation of Superman's nemesis, bar none.

4) Robert Downey Jr. - This actor, despite his personal demons, is Tony Stark aka Iron Man.

5) Hugh Jackman - Although much taller than the Wolverine/Logan character he plays in the X-Men franchise, this actor has made the part his own and I honestly doubt any other actor can replace him.

6) Sir Patrick Stewart - Professor Xavier, founder of the X-Men. Not a lot to say here because Sir Patrick is simply a brilliant actor.

7) Sir Ian McKellen - Erik Lehnsherr/Magneto, see Sir Patrick Stewart.

I could go on but forum members, do you agree or disagree with me and which other actor would you say made their super hero/villain alter ego "real"?

UK Bob 

15 REPLIES 15
ukbobboy
Legend

@commanda6 @caseyb1993

You know C6

I'm so out of touch with Gotham that I actually thought series 3 had already started on UK TV and a few episodes had been aired.

OK, so I'm in for a long wait then.  

C6, for the sake of justice you will have to defer my sentence until series 3 is on TV otherwise it will be seen as cruel and unusual punishment and subject to an appeal.

Judicial Scales.jpg

UK Bob

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

"For that crime. I hand down the sentence of having to binge watch every Gotham episode of that is available by legal/legitimate means".

I'm afraid not. @ukbobboy the original sentence I handed down was the you to watch every episode that is currently legitimately/legally available in the UK. As season three isn't available legitimately/legally available yet. Your punishment didn't include season three. By definition your punishment includes seasons one and two.

But in the interest of fairness , I will give you until season three starts on Channel 5 to have watched seasons one and twoSmiley LOL

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6 wrote:

Hi @ukbobboy

Season three isn't available in the UK yet, because the some strange reason Channel 5 keep pushing it back. Although we are now way behind the US in terms of showing episodes, so we wouldn't be affected by any schedule breaks that they might have. That's the plus side, I suppose

@caseyb1993 current indications are season three is supposed to start on Channel 5 in the summer some time, but it could apparently get pushed back even further Smiley Mad

@ukbobboy I'll get the popcorn ready! 😉

(Sorry we have turned your thread upside down as well 😉 )

@commanda6 I honestly think Channel 5 do it just to annoy fans. Smiley Mad

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993. I think they should just give Gotham season 3 to Netflix. In fact, that would be great as we can things watch the entire season

@ukbobboy  @caseyb1993I actually thought Henry Cavill (at least I think that his name) played a good Superman. The best part is Britain can now boast that one of the best comic book heroes is played by British actor. But he wasn't quite as good as the original Superman Christopher Reeve.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6 wrote:

@caseyb1993. I think they should just give Gotham season 3 to Netflix. In fact, that would be great as we can things watch the entire season

@ukbobboy  @caseyb1993I actually thought Henry Cavill (at least I think that his name) played a good Superman. The best part is Britain can now boast that one of the best comic book heroes is played by British actor. But he wasn't quite as good as the original Superman Christopher Reeve.

@commanda6 Netflix would be a good idea. No adverts too is always a plus. 🙂

The only thing is not everyone wants to use Netflix. I use to be like that before I got NOWTV. 

Ah yes, Henry Cavill is a great Superman! The looks, the cheese grater muscles, the "I'm clearly not Superman" glasses.... 😄

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993 @commanda6

Hi Guys

First Casey, I agree that Henry Cavill is totally different from Christopher Reeves and the way they portray Superman.  CR was more lighthearted and played a number of scenes for comic effects rather than anything serious, i.e. a naive boy scout  While HC was deadly serious in most scenes, his Superman had become someone who had seen how awful this world can really be and had become hardened by it, i.e. a battle hardened soldier.

Christopher Reeves Superman was a product of the 20th century (1978), while Henry Cavill's Superman is definitely a tough, world wary 21st century character.

Second C6, you caught me, I deliberately tried to misdirect you by not interpreting the sentence you handed down.

OK, doubt if Gotham series 1 & 2 are on C5 catch-up but I will check, so until I can see those episodes I'll go and sit in a dark corner.

Catch you guys later.

UK Bob