cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FunkyHelen
Mentor

can I record live sports?

can I record live sports with sky sports pass on now tv- if so, how?!

0 Thanks
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SweetBlitz
Expert 2

Re: can I record live sports?

typical that 2 things are on at the same time. 

You can watch both at the same time.  I watch one channel on my TV whilst I watch another on an iPad.  If you have a now tv stick/box with the 30 minute pause it is possible to time shift a little and not have to listen to sourpuss and Carragob at half time.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @FunkyHelen 

Only BT TV customers who have the relevant NowTV Bolt on pass can record live channels through the BT Youview Box main EPG TV guide.

NowTV customers who pay their bills through NowTV and not BT TV don't have the option to record live channels (including sport) where you will have to watch live or on a rerun repeat broadcast if available on the live stream.

FunkyHelen
Mentor

That's pretty disappointing - it's typical that 2 things are on at the same time. Now tv assured me I could record! But thanks anyway

0 Thanks
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @FunkyHelen 

Out of curiosity what two sports events do you want to watch at the same time ?

I would look at the Sky TV Guide Planner (i tend to use the Sky Plus App on my Smartphone /Tablet) and see if one of the events in shown fully on a repeat broadcast either later in the night or over the next few days.

I know it not ideal, but might be worth checking.

SweetBlitz
Expert 2

typical that 2 things are on at the same time. 

You can watch both at the same time.  I watch one channel on my TV whilst I watch another on an iPad.  If you have a now tv stick/box with the 30 minute pause it is possible to time shift a little and not have to listen to sourpuss and Carragob at half time.

View solution in original post

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

More old school myself, where i can only watch sports on a large television screen and focus on one sports game / match at a time 😁.

FunkyHelen
Mentor

the 2 things are F1 race & Newcastle match on Sunday afternoon - I can just watch the F1 on channel 4 at 6.30 & avoid any news all afternoon!!

Staytrill

What a substandard product. Because we cannot record we cannot watch what we have paid Now TV to watch. They must sort this product floor out, really poor