cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LmyBrit
Advocate

Zero On Demand Premier League Matches

Another weekend of Premier League football and here we are at 8:30pm on a Sunday night and ZERO (0) Premier league matches are available to watch on demand yet again.  Somehow despite paying way less money for a far superior product in the US at the same time on NBC Peacock TV app (who have the Premier League rights in the US) there are ALL matches to watch only hours after they happen, AND they all have the very important match timer that lets you know how long there is left to go in the match.

Also Premier league on demand matches on Peacock not only are available quickly for far less money each month but they actually stay around for far, far longer than a few days on demand (because apparently Sky Sports/NowTV can't afford the storage space for more than a few days despite all the vastly superior money they take in - despite storage space being very, very cheap in the cloud).

The answer:

I would recommend that everybody in the UK who is a Premier League fan gets a US VPN and signs up to NBC/Peacock to avoid getting ripped off royally by apathetic people that just don't care anymore.

0 Thanks
4 Replies
Saint1976
Elite 2

Re: Zero On Demand Premier League Matches

@LmyBrit Yesterday's matches are now available on demand as the image below shows.

Screenshot_20211024-213913.jpg

As I said the last time you posted about on demand of Premier League and EFL, it's down to the rights deals in place in the UK. Deals that were put together and sold by The Premier League. BBC have an exclusive period to show Premier League extended highlights on Match of the Day before Sky and BT can show on demand content.

As for the cost, that was explained as well. The US broadcaster pays way way less for their rights (£640 million over 6 years Vs £4.5 billion over 3 years in the UK) so of course it's going to be cheaper.

On screen timer also available as the photo below shows from the Arsenal v Villa game.

IMG_20211024_215928__01.jpg

0 Thanks
LmyBrit
Advocate

Maybe on the app (if I wanted to watch Premier League on a tiny screen), meanwhile on Now TV at almost 9pm on a MONDAY there are still NONE available!! Not even a Premier league on demand category. Had to resort to watching Match of the Day for free on BBC iplayer as the service I pay 33 pounds a month for is useless.

0 Thanks
Saint1976
Elite 2

@LmyBrit they're all on my Roku premiere and were last night. See images below.

Screenshot_20211025-210612.jpg

Go to Sports On Demand and scroll to the bottom. Across and click on Premier League.

Screenshot_20211025-210550.jpg

Saturday's matches are there. Sunday's will be added when BBC's rights expire later tonight.

As for paying £33, cancel your pass and see if you're offered a retention discount during the cancellation process (normally the second or third screen). Most regular users won't be paying more than £20 a month on a retention deal.

Alternatively, get your VPN and watch the American coverage like you recommended to everyone in your opening comment.

0 Thanks
Saint1976
Elite 2

@LmyBrit 9:30pm and Sundays games have started to go up on demand. Brentford v Leicester has just appeared.

0 Thanks