cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Expert 2

Will other sports channels get 50 FPS?

HD with boost,  6 channels – Sky Sports Main Event, Premier League, F1, Football, Cricket and Golf at 50 frames per second (except on LG TV)

GAA this weekend is on mix and arena live, but on demand from last week looks like 50fps

0 Thanks
4 Replies
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Will other sports channels get 50 FPS?

Hi @SweetBlitz 

Also the Xbox is not 50fps supported 😡.

From my testing and experience whilst watching NowTV Sports on Demand with Boost everything looks like 25fps to me 😠.

Plus Bonus Streams are also 25fps 😠.

My hope is that eventually all eleven Sky Sports live channels plus Sports on Demand and Bonus Streams are all streamed at 50fps.

0 Thanks
Expert 2

How do you check FPS?
0 Thanks
Expert 2

How can you check FPS?

Overall the on demand looks better than the original stream, so this weekend I will watch GAA on 24 hour delay.  Also 6pm Saturday is less than ideal and tomorrow's game clashes with Chelsea v Spurs and I am less likely to hear GAA results.

0 Thanks
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @SweetBlitz 

On my Panasonic television when pressing the info button on the Panasonic remote it would show the input resolution and frame rate when using an external source over HDMI.

I am using a Philips Android TV nowadays with my NowTV box and it doesn't have same information, though my eyes are a good judge and i can clearly see the difference between 25fps and 50fps when watching sports.

To my eyes there is a bigger difference between 25fps to 50fps than 720p to 1080p when watching sports.

0 Thanks