cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rich2019
Occasional Poster

Re: The Red Button Problem

Tony-D is this a realistic prospect any time soon?

Being able to watch Championship matches is an excellent new addition.....if we actually could!

NowTV customers are paying significant amounts already.....so if it's going to take a long time for Sky to get the red button on NowTV perhaps they could at least allow NowTV customers to view view the Sky Mobile app in the meantime until it's ready.

0 Thanks
NOW TV Team Tony-D
NOW TV Team

@Rich2019 wrote:

Tony-D is this a realistic prospect any time soon?

Being able to watch Championship matches is an excellent new addition.....if we actually could!

NowTV customers are paying significant amounts already.....so if it's going to take a long time for Sky to get the red button on NowTV perhaps they could at least allow NowTV customers to view view the Sky Mobile app in the meantime until it's ready.

Tbh @Rich2019 In my opinion, i can't see a reason why not. I would love it due to being able to watch big Championship games or following Super Frank with Derby. The Sky Mobile app would be a great alternatvie as well. I'll have to have a word with one of the main guys here and see what they say.   

Stevo4
First Poster

Yes, I signed up for the same reason to watch my team Norwich and figured that I might save £120 year as opposed to subscribing to a full Sky Sports package. I thought that this was a good move by Sky to capture a new market, so we all might be happy. However, not only does it seem that most of the games are not shown on NowTv, the internet connection works very poorly. All in all, I feel Sky have misrepresented their product and misled me. They have also got my card number which was needed to activate the £25 one month pass I purchased from Argos and countless reviews claim that money is being taken from bank accounts without authorisation. The whole thing smacks of sloppy if not shabby practice. I think I will just have nothing to do with them and watch the live text on the BBC website for the midweek games. 

0 Thanks
Rich2019
Occasional Poster

@Tony-D Any luck with seeing if NowTV customers can get access to these games somehow Tony? (via Sky mobile etc)

0 Thanks
NOW TV Team Tony-D
NOW TV Team

@Rich2019 wrote:

@Tony-D Any luck with seeing if NowTV customers can get access to these games somehow Tony? (via Sky mobile etc)

Haven't had any real word back yet to be honest @Rich2019 Just the usual of we are trying to figure out the best way to do this 😕

0 Thanks
Highlighted
arrgee1991
Contributor 1

@Tony-D wrote:

@Rich2019 wrote:

Haven't had any real word back yet to be honest @Rich2019 Just the usual of we are trying to figure out the best way to do this 😕

Easy solution - 10 sports channels - max 10 games (normally 5 as half on Tuesday and half on Wednesday).  Some or all of the channels get re-assigned on those nights.  Main Event, Mix, News and Football no issue.  F1 is only showing repeats midweek no issue.  So that's 5.  Unlikely Premier League, Golf or Cricket would be showing any live sports at the same time.  That's 8.  And Action and Arena are often showing programmes like Watersports World in that slot that could be broadcast anytime.  So 10.  You could have 11 by treating Sky One viewers to a live game as well.

0 Thanks
GaryL
Regular 4

@arrgee1991 wrote:

@Tony-D wrote:

@Rich2019 wrote:

Easy solution - 10 sports channels - max 10 games (normally 5 as half on Tuesday and half on Wednesday).  Some or all of the channels get re-assigned on those nights.  Main Event, Mix, News and Football no issue.  F1 is only showing repeats midweek no issue.  So that's 5.  Unlikely Premier League, Golf or Cricket would be showing any live sports at the same time.  That's 8.  And Action and Arena are often showing programmes like Watersports World in that slot that could be broadcast anytime.  So 10.  You could have 11 by treating Sky One viewers to a live game as well.

Don’t think that’s a good way to do it or necessary, simply adding red button placeholders at the bottom of the channel list would be simpler and not deprive people of their sports channels, the red button channels could then be used for other red button events.   I’m not convinced they want to do it, plain and simple.

0 Thanks
Scottie79
Helper 1

Why don’t they just add the extra streams as separate channels and just call them Sky Sports Special Event 1, 2 etc..forget the red button business, would solve a lot of problems.

0 Thanks
Maggie62
Contributor 1

I don't think they really want to implement it.. . If all those illegal providers can do it... Why.. Oh why. They can't or finding it really hard to... The red button. Doesn't matter... Like you said they just add the extra red button options .... Everyone pays the price (over the odds)... And gets let down .. 

0 Thanks
UKTVPlayapp
Contributor 5

I have just entered an sky sports month pass gift card and on the top on the of that page it say sky sports red button service aren’t available yet so it looks it is coming to me soon hopefully.

0 Thanks