cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gavs82008
Advocate 2

Survey for sports

Just received a interesting survey from Now TV.

Some of the highlights were:

Catch up for all sports

Passes for different channels

Full 1080p bolt on with 5.1 surround sound

Have to say the first 2 are the biggest and best changes possible for the Sports section. Would like to hope that 1080p and 5.1 surround sound should be added for all passes and not just Sports.

All in all great changes and the sooner the better! 

0 Thanks
11 Replies
Mark_Weinreb
Scholar 1

Re: Survey for sports

@gavs82008 It also mentioned streaming to 4 devices instead of just two. There are many on here who would welcome that.  The (possible) £5 per month per account for HD and extra streams isn’t too bad, either. 

0 Thanks
GaryL
Regular 5

@gavs82008 wrote:

Just received a interesting survey from Now TV.

Some of the highlights were:

Catch up for all sports

Have to say the first 2 are the biggest and best changes possible for the Sports section. Would like to hope that 1080p and 5.1 surround sound should be added for all passes and not just Sports.

All in all great changes and the sooner the better! 

The way I read it was that the bolt on is for all passes you have, which is a bit rich considering we already pay more for sport than sky satellite subscribers.

gavs82008
Advocate 2

Ok I must of have missed the extra streams for the £5 along with the full 1080p and 5.1 surround sound is pretty damn good. Something I’d definitely go for 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
lenturn
Contributor 4

So a month sports pass with full 1080p would be almost £39! Smiley Surprised

Not a chance of me ever paying that.

0 Thanks
Wlat
Regular 4

@lenturn wrote:

Not a chance of me ever paying that.

Indeed!  It's too expensive as it is.  And as a single householder, I neither need nor want additional simultaneous streams.  I only ever watch on one device at a time, so I do not want to pay £5 more to subsidise people who have large, extended families.

Wlat

0 Thanks
schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

I haven't seen this survey, where i was wondering have NowTV mentioned 50fps for sports ?

0 Thanks
starman73
Regular 3

@lenturn wrote:

Does anyone pay £34/month now?  Always an offer on sports so I always pay £20 or less for a month.  Or just get a day pass every now and again.

0 Thanks
starman73
Regular 3

@gavs82008 wrote:

Catch up for all sports

Catch up would be great but wonderimg if that would apply to day passes.  Last season there were Saturday noon Premier League games followed by a couple of Sunday games.  With catch up I could wait until 6pm on Saturday to start watching and get all three.

Still not sure how the different channel option would work for a day/week pass but the difference in price from what I see with Sky isn't that much.  One channel for £18/month or all of them for £20/month (though you have to have them for 18 months to get that price)

I would guess that if there is 1080p + 5.1 surround that would be on Cinema and Entertainment.  I would welcome that, but would there be increased lag?

0 Thanks
gavs82008
Advocate 2

From what I recall the bolt on for up to 4 streams, full 1080p and 5.1 surround sound would be applied for all passes. 

Also I recall the catch up was for the channels and not just the passes. So I suspect if you have the channel for a day or a week then you will still get the catch up. 

As far as prices go I have only paid £34 once when my offer ended but got the £20 offer the following month. That being said I never bothered keeping the pass due to lack of catch up and I would struggle to find or make the time to watch the repeats.

When I have been watching the Sports and other passes I have only noticed a lag a handful of times. Generally speaking never really had an issue.
Although the new layout of the opening screen is dire and lags big time. 

0 Thanks