cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Super rugby AU & Aoterroa

Delving into the Rugby Pass streaming service in more detail, they do offer Airplay and Chromecasting to a television at a maximum picture quality of 720p (don't know if the frame rate is a poor 25fps / 30fps or a higher rate of 50/60fps and no idea how reliable their streams are over Airplay / Chromecast).

On another note, reading this internet article below today, it looks like a total mess to me, where RA (Rugby Australia) gave New Zealand Rugby their permission to go it alone with the Rugby Pass service streaming model for the Aoterroa competition.

Rugby Australia are still seeking a UK traditional broadcaster for their in house tournament, because they are not convinced on the Rugby Pass model with regards of the amount of revenue it will generate compared to a traditional fixed broadcast revenue agreement.

I am sure i read once the AU and Aoterroa competition ends in May 2021, there will be a further cross border competition between the AU & NZ region teams (assuming Covid-19 doesn't effect the competition) where Rugby Australia will have a say on the Broadcasting Rights.

This will also apply for the Rugby Championship later in the year.

So there may be a glimmer of hope that either Sky or BT Sports will hopefully pick up these other Southern Hemisphere Rugby Matches (lets hope ๐Ÿ™).

https://www.espn.com/rugby/story/_/id/30959964/rugby-australia-confident-uk-tv-deal-new-zealand-goin... 

0 Thanks
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Just been doing some more research about Rugby Pass streaming service and on their website they mentioned Chromecast & Airplay (where it looks like this feature was for other games).

Where according to this screen shot taken about the FAQ Aoterroa 2021 streams they mentioned Chromecast is not currently supported and they are looking into it (don't know if it's the same for Airplay).

If i can't watch it on a television then there is no chance i will be paying for a Rugby Pass ๐Ÿ˜ .

Screenshot_2021-02-25-14-55-14.png

0 Thanks
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Latest news i can find from the internet.

My opinion is that Sky are not pumping any money into Super Rugby this year because they are going to throw a massive sum of money with a Six Nations bid around the corner.

Lets hope Sky and SANZAAR can come up with some sort of deal for the Southern Hemisphere Rugby Championship.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-union/world-rugby-to-stream-super-rugby-au-in-absence-of-uk-broad... 

0 Thanks
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Not Super Rugby News, but it looks like Sky are the front runners for the broadcasting rights for the expanded Pro16 with the addition of the four South African teams.

Looks like the BBC are also serious about it and the BBC would be my preferred choice out of the two if i had my wish.

I am hoping it's not a Pay Per View Model has mentioned in the article and they mean it will be on a standard Sky Sports subscription service should the BBC lose the bid which is most likely where financially they can't compete with Sky.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/sky-sports-emerge-front-runners-20149812 

0 Thanks
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Still not happy that there is no Super Rugby on Sky.

S4C have a 1 hour highlights show at 10pm on Sunday each week for NZ Aoterroa competition if anybody is intrested who can either access S4C live or use the S4C App.

Only used the S4C App where you can't select English Language and stuck with Welsh Commentary, where i believe on the live broadcast you can select English Commentary via either their red /blue button service which i am going to try out this Sunday at 10pm.

Enjoyed the highlights on S4C  Sunday just gone, which is far better than watching a 5 or 6 minute clip on YouTube.

0 Thanks