cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sports pass price increase

@starman73 

I'd also imagine there can't be many paying full price. It isn't worth it at its full price, in fact with the frame rate issues etc it's definitely not worth paying over £20 for, hence the reason I've cancelled this time around.

0 Thanks
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @robert1997 and @Sam,

We appreciate your help on the community, however we do not tolerate the abuse of community members. 

I've read through the thread, and can see that you both have raised valid points. So just to clarify, the cost of a Sky Sports Month Pass is £33.99pm.

There are some shops that may have gift cards available for all of our products at a different price point. 

If this thread goes off topic, it will be closed to any further replies. 

I'll send you both a Private message in regards to the issues raised from this thread.

Thanks

Karl

Thank you @Karl-F  and I very much appreciate the private message you sent this morning. It's refreshing to be able to participate in a forum with such excellent moderation in place to protect forum users 😀

0 Thanks
RoyB Legend 5
Legend 5

@Sam 

The £39.99 was for a month’s Sports Pass bundled with a Stick.

Please go back and read it carefully, and you will see the truth of this.

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’.
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’.
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂

Don't expect him to hear you @RoyB  😂

0 Thanks
starman73
Expert

@robert1997 Most of the year, most years, it isn’t even worth £20/month. This summer was an exception with the cricket World Cup and ashes, but next summer will be pretty blank with Euro 2020 on Freeview.  Even next few weeks is less than desirable with Rugby World Cup and Champions League on elsewhere.  And in December, Amazon have two rounds of Premier League games.  

I currently pay £15/month for Sky Sports HD with Virgin until end January which is as much as I would pay right now. 

@starman73 

I would tend to agree with you. My current month ends on the 27th and I have no intention of renewing this time around. This is the first time I haven't been offered the sports at a discount, although maybe it's because I bought a cheap voucher for this particular month's viewing.

At this time of year the Champions League takes first spot for viewing in this home (Dortmund v Barcelona last night was a superb start) which will keep me going until December. As a Man United fan there is also the added 'bonus' of Thursday night football as well. BT also show the Bundesliga which is fairly similar to our Premier League and a good fit to replace the EPL games I'll 'miss' through cancelling Sky Sports.

We are fortunate in this country to have superb radio coverage of the Premier League with good highlights programming courtesy of the BBC & BT (who show the Premier League's own Premier League Review show) so no need for a glut of live football.

starman73
Expert

@robert1997 I rarely get the month pass as often the odd week or day pass does for me. Good weeks in early October/mid November  with  lots of international football that I would buy a week for if I didn't have sky with virgin. 

Ordinarily I only get a month to cover December/January when there is a lot of football on when I have time off and so my dad can watch the darts. Last time I did that it was just £13. 

RoyB Legend 5
Legend 5

@robert1997 

No?

Date Last Visited

‎18-09-2019 4:14

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’.
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’.
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks

@RoyB 

I meant he won't listen, you only have to look at his posts with me to see that 😉

0 Thanks