cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
teague
Scholar

Sports Catchup Idea

Hi,

Why can't Now TV offer sports catchup?  I watch Formula 1 and it is important to me that qualifying and the race are available on demand as I cant always watch them live.  All sessions are available on demand on Sky Q so they are available just not made available for Now TV users.  

I understand that it boils down to money so why not make sports on demand/catchup available to Sports Monthly pass subscribers only?  If you had this I would subscribe to a monthly pass during the F1 season but without it I wont use the service at all and just watch C4 highlights as they are available on demand on All 4.

I dont mind paying for F1 but I wont pay for a service lacking on demand/catchup.  Even BBC iPlayer is better for Formula E as I can watch live, as live, pause and on demand and at nearly a third of the price for a months pass which offers live only.

40 Replies
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Doesn’t seem to be added to NowTV freeview box or LG tv as yet

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Reading the NowTV help article i linked, LG Smart TV's are not currently supported 😠.

The Sports VOD has only just gone live, so i would expect your NowTV box to get the VOD update hopefully today or tomorrow if things goes to plan.

Just had a quick look on my Tablet for Sports VOD under the different categories and can't see no Rugby Union only Rugby League 😠😠😠.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

All I’m waiting on now is the freeview box to get the new ui,two sticks running it and it’s driving me mad the box is different the joys off ocd lol 

UKTVPlayapp
Expert

The sky sports on demand service has officially starting to appear on the now tv app through smart phones and iPad and fingers cross now tv boxes and sticks very shortly. There is a way to get it on your tv is by pressing on a program on you phone start watch for thirty seconds and should start to appear the box no ideal to get it now but hopefully it will appear on the box without to do this.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wonder why they put it on smart phones and tablets before boxes and sticks??

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

I haven’t checked my boxes or sticks, but it’s not on my iPad yet. However, it is on my phone, so I am now watching the Indy 500 by casting to the tv via my Chromecast Ultra. Great, because I missed the Indy 500 when it was on the other week.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Start a programme on a mobile - stop it, move to the NowTV box and the content will then appear in the Continue Watching section. 

It'll then play.

Sadly it looks for now as being 720p at present on the device. 

Have a play. 

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Ah, but neither my phone nor my iPad are in my 6 devices. The Chromecast Ultra is. So, I know what you’re saying, but it won’t work given my current setup.Given the level of detail I’m seeing, it looks Very much like full 1080 resolution.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anyone got the on demand on their stick yet? 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Enapace 

I will reserve judgement until i have seen the Sky Sports VOD in action.

Was hoping for full replays, but the Help Article that i linked says "highlights" (hopefully the highlight coverage will be comprehensive).

Also i am hoping for 50fps VOD playback with a HD Boost Pass (otherwise it will be a big disappointment as far has i am concerned).

I hate 25fps playback with a vengeance when watching Sports 😠.

Enapace
Expert 2

@schnapps 

I noticed that the F1 race was the full 2 hrs and 10 minutes so maybe it’s a licence issue with some things on highlights 

UKTVPlayapp
Expert

With the sports on demand service gone live on Thursday the next thing I am looking forward to is the red button service to go live. 

I am enjoying catching up on 2nd T20 England vs Pakistan match. And maybe later England-Australia 1st T20 match when it becomes available.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@UKTVPlayapp 

The "red" button is now on certain devices, it is called bonous streams. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/sky-sports-day-month-pass

If you've got a Sky Sports Month Pass and one of the devices listed below, you can access Bonus Streams for selected sports events, including additional EFL matches and F1 Race Control.

@Anonymous User 

A very odd way to introudce 'on demand' for Sports (long overdue) and not have it on Now TV devices off the bat is a strange call!

And on selected devices, you can now relive your favourite sporting moments or catch up on the ones you missed with over 2500 hours of on-demand sports content. Ranging from match highlights to documentaries, sports on demand is available on PC and Mac, smartphones and tablets (and will be coming to more devices soon). Plus, you can download most on-demand content on mobile, too.  

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
UKTVPlayapp
Expert

When will championship games be available to watch on catch up. Watford vs Middlesbrough and today game. I am looking forward to watch these games.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It looks like the 50fps (part of the Boost pass), which I have, doesn't seem to be applying to the on-demand content. This is a big bummer especially when I am paying for the extra service, I expect it to work on all content, but it only seems to work on the live channels.

teague
Scholar

Thats a shame.  Also one day I went to watch the F1 in the morning before work at about 6am on the Monday and Sunday's race wasn't even available by then.  There seems to be a big delay in getting the on demand content available which isnt going to work for me.

So close yet so far.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I totally agree. I've just come across this. I like f1 too, but it's cricket I like. Working shifts I missed Eng v SA. Hoping to watch it later, I realised I couldn't catch up. It's on again tomorrow between 7 and 11, but I'm at work so I can't even watch it then. Worse still, Talk talk are ditching their boosts and persuading their customers to go to Now which I did. If I'd have hung on, I could have recorded it!! Left high and dry now by Talk talk and Sky. Conspiracy methinks by sky to get people back to their platform as they've flocked away recently??

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't watch Cricket, but has a workaround to watching the England v SA match if you have a PC / Mac smartphone or Tablet then under Sports go to the On Demand section, then start watching on one of these devices, then jump over to your Youview box NowTV App and carry on watching under the Continue Watching section.

Or alternatively use the search feature of the NowTV App on the Youview box and type in something like England v South Africa or Cricket to start watching on your Youview box NowTV App.

If Cricket on demand works similar to Rugby Union or Football it might take 24 to 32 hours for NowTV to add the match to their on Demand sports service.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the tip!!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Just checked my Youview box NowTV App and by pressing the red button to bring up the search engine and typing "South Africa v England" it comes up 2020 1 st T20 27 with 6 days left to watch.

Don't know if this is the match you are after ?