cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FranzF
Scholar

Sport on demand - great!

This looks really good.  Full match replays! Thanks.

0 Thanks
8 Replies
Cjb0780
Advocate

Re: Sport on demand - great!

How long after a live sporting event is the on demand available? (Ie if I miss an NFL game because i can’t stay up late can I watch it the next morning?)

0 Thanks
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Cjb0780 

The North v South New Zealand Rugby Match was live on Saturday morning and took NowTV until Monday morning to get it added to catch up where it said 5 days remaining 😠.

So i would guess most full replays would be 7 days (unless NowTV have a different agreement in place with the NFL).

0 Thanks
Cjb0780
Advocate

Thanks ! I suspected there may be a delay . Ah well.

0 Thanks
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Cjb0780 

Also forgot to say that even with a HD Boost Pass the catch up playback is only 25fps 😠😠😠.

0 Thanks
Cjb0780
Advocate

Not great

0 Thanks
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Cjb0780 

The delay from the live event finishing to be added to NowTV catch up might be content dependent, where i noticed the Italian F1 GP full replay which was on Sunday afternoon and is up and saying 5 days left (don't know when or what time it was added to catch up).

It's the same with NowTV Entertainment it might depend if it's a popular TV show or if NowTV are relying on the Content provider to upload the content onto their servers (some TV shows and Studios seems quicker than others).

Yep i hate 25fps sports playback with a vengeance, where it totally spoils watching fast moving sports.

0 Thanks
UKTVPlayapp
Expert

I am enjoying sports on demand. I watch football and cricket so far.

KernowChris
Scholar 3

Can someone from NOWTV please explain why Sport on Demand content clearly marked as 'U' requires the parental pin to be entered prior to watching? 

Isn't this going a step too far?

0 Thanks