cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate

Skysports day pass.

Hi everybody, just a gripe about the Skysports day pass which I purchased yesterday via Now TV. I am a disabled Liverpool FC supporter and decided to buy a £9.99 Sports pass to watch today’s game between Liverpool FC and Tottenham Hotspur. I decided to activate the pass yesterday evening at 6.45Pm because that meant I could watch the last half hour of the Burnley v Chelsea game yesterday and watch all of today’s game between Liverpool FC and Tottenham Hotspur. But to my horror this morning I find that my day pass is not a day pass at all, it is a 23 hour pass. This is because ‘British Sumner Time’  “BST” ended in the early hours of this morning meaning the clocks have gone back one hour. It also means I will miss the final half hour of the Liverpool Spurs game because my pass will be de-activated at 5.45PM instead of what I paid for 6.45PM. I appreciate not realising BST was ending in the early hours of this morning was an oversight on my part but I feel Now TV should have foresaw this problem and put a warning on the site or sent people an email warning of this abnormality if purchasing a day pass at that time. I have also realised that when people by a one day Skysports day pass when BST begins in March 2020 people will get 25 hours viewing time, so that is 2 hours more than people get if they purchase a day pass when BST ends. I did search the web to make a complaint to Now TV but came across this forum and decided to warn people about this abnormality for future reference. Sorry this was a bit long winded but I do have problems constructing messages in written form due to brain injury and other health problems.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Expert 2

Re: Skysports day pass.

As a Liverpool supporter might have been worth getting a week pass for midweek game as well. Or even just getting the month offer of £20/month  https://www.nowtv.com/offers for City game...  

Sunday 27th October 2019
Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur
Premier League
16:30
Sky Sports Premier League / Sky Sports Main Event / Sky Sports Ultra HD

Wednesday 30th October 2019
Liverpool v Arsenal
Carabao Cup 4th Round
19:30
Sky Sports Football / Sky Sports Ultra HD

Sunday 10th November 2019
Liverpool v Man City
Premier League

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Highlighted
Expert 2

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Offers-Vouchers/Sky-Sports-Week-Pass-exact-expiry-time-after-activati...

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Offers-Vouchers/Sky-sports-week-loses-an-hour/m-p/510057

Yes, has been happening with week passes as well.  When clocks go back you get 24 hours viewing time same as when they go forward, they just end at different times.  

It would be nice if Now TV added an extra hour in these circumstances, but guess it won’t happen.

Anyway when clocks go forward in March, it will be an international weekend, so probably no need of the "extra" hour.

Highlighted
Expert 2

As a Liverpool supporter might have been worth getting a week pass for midweek game as well. Or even just getting the month offer of £20/month  https://www.nowtv.com/offers for City game...  

Sunday 27th October 2019
Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur
Premier League

Wednesday 30th October 2019
Liverpool v Arsenal
Carabao Cup 4th Round
19:30
Sky Sports Football / Sky Sports Ultra HD

Sunday 10th November 2019
Liverpool v Man City
Premier League

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Mentor

Wonder if pass will work just a little beyond 3:53pm, so I get end of Newcastle v Wolves. Will be interesting to see what happens...

A3F0E8CE-4F64-4CC2-A04F-04B9C5B67FD2.png

Highlighted
Advocate

Unfortunately I have to pick and choose when I can afford to get passes to watch  games so £20 for a monthly sports pass is a little beyond my means being a pensioner on a state pension. I do get a little extra for being disabled but still have to be thrifty. A day pass every now and again is about my limit. Thank you for the suggestion though.

Mentor

@Tak_1953 Shame you missed the £9.99/month offer earlier this month https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Offers-Vouchers/9-99-monthly-sports-pass/m-p/508532

my week pass was a freebie from PS Plus, so just hoping it lasts another 3 minutes.

Highlighted
Mentor

Working at 15;54, game over and then.  About 2 minutes grace!

image.jpg

Highlighted
Advocate

Hello, I saw on internet that in Ireland there is the possibility to buy the sky sport extra pass which allows to watch BT sport and Premiere on Now tv. Who knows more about this?

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Ipswich1971 

My guess is they are close to an announcement being made. 

Unfortunately the setup is completely different from here and Ireland. Take a look at Sky and BT, where their setup was actually in place for the new season.