cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
unfurla
First Poster

Re: Sky sports football season ticket for season 19/20?

According to the online chat:

We will be definitely be doing that offer, but unfortunately as of now we do not have an update regarding the date of it commencement.

noeyedeer
Contributor 1

I've been looking for it for a while too. No way i'm paying £35 a month, far too much just to watch the odd match. The day and week passes are a joke. The season pass is just about doable at £179, but i've a feeling they will put it up to £199. 

It's all a bit annoying how it's done. When you cancel you get offers. I've recently declined offers of £5.99 a month for the cinema and £20 a month for 3 months for the sports, purely cause there's nothing i want to watch. They can't give sports away when there's only netball and cricket to watch! They want customers, but they're reluctant to just give a decent price. Now tv and all internet streaming in general, is so unreliable, £20 a month for the sports pass is plenty.

If i wanted to pay £40-£50 and upwards for tv, i'd get the proper Sky package that actually works most of the time. But i don't watch enough tv to justify that. £179 is borderline, but i can justify it when i tell my wallet it's only about £20 a month. It's a luxury to me, not an essential. Unlike most people, i really don't have much interest in watching the big teams. I like watching local (Yorkshire) clubs and NFL, beyond that i'm not really bothered. Not everybody is a Premier League fanboy. I wouldn't watch Chelsea v Tottenham if they were playing in my garden.

0 Thanks
Denny1
First Poster

It would be good if they offered a Now TV season pass like the mobile sports option. It has Sky Premier League, pus Sky Action and Arena for £5.99 a month. Would be ideal as i only watch football and NFL. Dont need all 11 channels 

JORD31C
Occasional Poster

£199 this season

robert1997
Scholar 5

Daryl_Mathew
First Poster

This may be a bit of a stupid question, but does the season ticket only give you access to the Sky Football/Main Event channel? Or do you get access to all 11?

0 Thanks
gavs82008
Advocate 1

@Daryl_Mathew 

The season ticket will give you access to all 11 channels.

What you don't get with Sports on Now TV is; Catch-up, Red Button games, 50fps and 1080p 

Jono_Mc
First Poster

Thanks for the link mate! Been looking forward to the football season ticket, shame it’s gone up this year... but it is still good value for money.
0 Thanks
ClockEnd
Advocate 1

@noeyedeer if spurs and Chelsea were playing in my garden I would call the cops.

robert1997
Scholar 5

One tiny word of caution. Just make sure you're going to make enough use of the pass before buying it. I stumped up for the pass last season but watched very little live football as I wasn't always at home for it. That's why recordable Sky Sports on BTTV will be worth the wait for me. If however you are going to make good use of the pass then it's a bargain at that price, although as @gavs82008 points out you're only getting 720p/25fps and not Full HD 1080p/50fps, with no red button games or catch up available.