cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carol_Singer
Mentor

Sky Sports offer

Hi

I've used NOW TV before for Entertainment and Movies but not for sport.

I've been sent an offer of 3 months of Sky Sports for £20 and am seriously tempted.

A few questions though:

- Would this include *all* the Sky Sports channels?  I'm currently paying £36 a month to BT just for Sky Main Event which is just one channel so getting all the channels for £20 is obviously much better.  I am aware I can now get NOW TV through BT but don't want to do that.

- If I add on the Now TV BOOST for £3 a month will that make all the Sports channels HD ?

Many thanks 

0 Thanks
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Sky Sports offer

Hi @Carol_Singer 

I can answer some of the questions if you are a NowTV customer which is that with the 3 months sports for £20 per month deal you will get all eleven Sky Sports channels through the NowTV App on your BT Youview Box plus any other supported devices up to six registered on a NowTV account.

Also the HD Boost Pass for £3 extra a month gets you 1080p HD on all eleven Sky Sports channels plus six of the channels streams at 50fps which is Main Event, PL, Football, Golf, Cricket & F1 (apart from LG Smart TVs using the native inbuilt NowTV App) with Boost Supported devices where the Youview box is one of them.

Here's some information about NowTV Boost.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-tv-boost 

The bit i am not sure about is if you are a BT TV customer and subscribe to any NowTV bolt on packages how the 3 months at £20 per month offer works.

If you don't subscribe to BT TV with the NowTV bolt on packages, then maybe you can use your NowTV account login details on the devices you want to watch NowTV Sports on ?

View solution in original post

7 Replies
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Carol_Singer 

I can answer some of the questions if you are a NowTV customer which is that with the 3 months sports for £20 per month deal you will get all eleven Sky Sports channels through the NowTV App on your BT Youview Box plus any other supported devices up to six registered on a NowTV account.

Also the HD Boost Pass for £3 extra a month gets you 1080p HD on all eleven Sky Sports channels plus six of the channels streams at 50fps which is Main Event, PL, Football, Golf, Cricket & F1 (apart from LG Smart TVs using the native inbuilt NowTV App) with Boost Supported devices where the Youview box is one of them.

Here's some information about NowTV Boost.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-tv-boost 

The bit i am not sure about is if you are a BT TV customer and subscribe to any NowTV bolt on packages how the 3 months at £20 per month offer works.

If you don't subscribe to BT TV with the NowTV bolt on packages, then maybe you can use your NowTV account login details on the devices you want to watch NowTV Sports on ?

View solution in original post

Carol_Singer
Mentor

Thank you for your answers.  That's most helpful.

I don't currently subscribe to NOW TV through BT, we have the standalone app on our Smart TV.  I don't want to subscribe via BT because they couldn't confirm to me that I'd still be able to access the channels via the NOW TV app.

0 Thanks
RoyB
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Carol_Singer @schnapps 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-apply-or-enter-voucher-code

Are you a BT customer?

Sorry – at the moment you won't be able to apply a voucher to your account if you pay for your Passes through BT.

BT have done the same ‘reverse cuckoo’ thing with NowTV that they did with YouView, taking the egg into their nest, and then pretending that it is their own.

Have you see the latest BT ads, talking about their amazing flexibility? Which of course only applies to NowTV, and not any other of their services, and is only the flexibility that we are all used to, which NowTV offer as standard.

But I think there are some gotchas with NowTV paid for through BT that haven't so far been enumerated:-

the above, where you can’t use vouchers, presumably including NowTV special offers, and cheaper vouchers from Curry’s;

we don’t know what happens if you try to cancel - do you get retention offers still, or what?;
we don’t know what happens if you buy a stick with bundled passes - can you have them, or not?;

The upside, I think, is that you get the Sky channels that your Pass(es) bring as part of the BT internet channels lineup; the full seven days backward and seven days forward, not just Now & Next, and you can record them. And you can’t get these, even if you are a BT TV customer and a NowTV customer, unless you subscribe to NowTV via BT,

Though I did think Subscribers via BT TV could watch NowTV on any suitable device, not just the YouView box.

But it is all a bit vague, and I am not entirely sure of the details.

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’
(As long as you started the thread, and haven’t already accepted an answer)
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’ (the thumbs-up icon)
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
Heinstein
Mentor

Regarding HD, just check your Smart TV is supported (using the link posted earlier in this chain).  If it's not then you should be able to get Now TV in HD through your BT YouView box.  Don't subscribe through BT, just subscribe as you usually would but you'll just need to put your details into the Now TV App on the YouView box.

To save a few pennies you may find under "Offers" in "Passes & Vouchers" that you can get the HD boost at £6 for three months.  I can but I don't know if everyone has the offer available.

Finally don't forget you can pay for it all with Tesco Clubcard points if you have any spare hanging around!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @RoyB @Carol_Singer 

My vague understanding is that if you don't subscribe to BT TV with the bolt on NowTV package or packages and haven't requested a port over / transfer of your NowTV account over to your BT TV account.

Then you can use NowTV normally, taking advantage of NowTV offer deals or applying NowTV vouchers / Gift Cards to your account and everything goes through your NowTV account including payments.

You won't be able to watch via the BT TV live guide on their EPG or record any NowTV live content on the BT Youview Box and need to watch NowTV via the NowTV App on the Youview box or any other NowTV supported playback device / devices.

Should you transfer your NowTV account details over to BT TV because you have opted for a BT TV NowTV Bolt on Package, then you a governed by the BT TV system and can't take advantage of NowTV deals or vouchers and are relying on what deals BT TV offer you with regards to NowTV passes (unless you create a second NowTV account which starts to get messy if you are not great at managing multiple accounts).

Carol_Singer
Mentor

Thank you, yes, that's why I didn't want to sign up to NOW via BT because I wanted to be able to use vouchers etc.

Carol_Singer
Mentor

@Heinstein I had the 3 months BOOST for £6 offer in my account so I've just done that as well.  HD sport here we come!

0 Thanks