cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newts15
Advocate

Sky Sports Vodafone

Good evening,

I'm a Vodafone customer who had Sky Sports as part of their entertainment package. With Sky Sports ceasing their service, I took their offer for NowTV's Sky Sports package.

I have applied the discount code using my NowTV account but I have run into a small issue. On my phone, my NowTV app does not have the pass. When I log into my NowTV account on my web browser with the same username and password, the Sky Sports pass appears. I have my phone as one of my six devices. 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app and tried to reapply the code given through the NowTV app but I go into an endless loop of error messages and refreshing.

0 Thanks
4 Replies
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Sky Sports Vodafone

Hi @newts15 

Didn't realise that NowTV and Vodafone had a bundled NowTV Mobile Sports Pass offer (was only aware of the NowTV Entertainment pass deal with Vodafone).

Though i am not a Vodafone user so i might be wrong.

Saying that you can never keep track with NowTV deal partnerships.

After downloading a fresh version of the NowTV App from your phone Apps Store did you try fully powering down the phone, then switch the power back on the phone, then log into the NowTV App.

If no joy, then get in touch with NowTV live chat (click on the green chat online button using the link page below).

Might be worth also posting on the Vodafone Community Forum as well.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

0 Thanks
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @newts15 

Forgot to mention if you get the NowTV App working with your NowTV Sports Mobile Pass you are restricted to watching only five Sky Sports channels on your smartphone.

Have a read of this with the differences between the NowTV Sports Passes.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/sky-sports-day-month-pass 

0 Thanks
newts15
Advocate

@schnappsThanks for the reply.

Vodafone, I believe, did have a separate NowTV pass as part of their entertainment package as well as a SkySports Mobile pass. Over the last 12-18 months, the SkySports Mobile pass had been reduced from all to 5 channels, so only having 5 Sky Sports channels is OK with me - I would predominately use it for the Premier League channel anyway. Last month, Vodafone contacted customers saying that SkySports will close that service and a 2 year NowTV SkySports Pass was offered to customers as a replacement.

I did try the classic 'turn it off and turn it on' approach and nothing has changed.

I'll try and speak to someone in the live chat, but that seems to be very clunky and clicking doesn't always seem to have any response through a browser.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @newts15 

Sometimes using a different internet browser helps when getting through to the NowTV online web chat service (unfortunately there is no telephone number for TV Pass customers, only Broadband customers).

If you have a spare smartphone, what happens when you try using the NowTV Mobile Sports pass on it.

Also maybe temporary test the NowTV Mobile Sports Pass out with your phone's data (if you have an internet data plan, just to see if the pass plays).

Also if your Router or mobile is using a VPN then disable it when attempting to watch NowTV.

0 Thanks