cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StuMoore
Advocate

Sky Sports Question

If I have the Sky Sports pass and I come home after an F1 race has started can I watch it from the start or do I need to wait for it to end, I’m assuming the whole race is on catch up after?

Thanks for help, I’m considering getting Now very soon. 
what’s the best Now Box to get? 

5 Replies
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@StuMoore 

Neither I’m afraid. The F1 races tend to take up to 72 hours to be added to catch up. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
StuMoore
Advocate

Thanks for the reply, they do get added though to the catch up thing even if late

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@StuMoore 

Yes but sometimes it takes a few days. Not ideal though.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @StuMoore 

There is a good chance that there will be a full repeat of the race on the Sky Sports F1 channel either late on Sunday evening or during the course of Monday and the early part of the week if it takes NOW to add the F1 race on their on Demand Sports service longer than 24 hours which happens from time to time.

Use something like the Sky + App on your phone or tablet to check.

The Sky + App only covers about 6 days in advance on what's on live Sky TV, so check the TV Guide on the App Monday / Tuesday for next Sunday's F1 race re-runs.

RoyB
Legend

@StuMoore 

As nobody seems to have answered:-

I’m considering getting Now very soon. What’s the best Now Box to get? 

Assuming you are talking about streaming, Now don’t make boxes any more, and sell Sticks only in Eire, not in the UK.

But third party devices with Now on are sold both by Roku and Amazon, in the £20-£50 range, depending if you want faster, or 4K (for other apps than Now, which only goes up to Full HD, and needs an additional Boost subscription to get you above HD Ready).

Lots of people express a preference for Amazon Firesticks, including Now themselves when compensating owners of 2015 Samsung TVs when Now stopped supporting them; I like Rokus, but that’s just me, so look at both, see if anyone else contributes a vote either way below, but they are pretty much of a muchness.

But do you need a separate device? Have you looked to see if you can get the Now app on your TV, or any other suitable device you may already have?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now

In the less likely event that you are talking about getting Now Broadband, though, there is only one router that Now supply. But third-party ones, as long as they are modem/routers supporting the MER 61 protocol, don’t have to work very hard at all to be greatly superior 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.