cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky Sports Offer

All my mates who have Now TV (I do too!) have all been sent a £20 x 3 month sky sports offer - I haven't been sent this - any idea how I can go about getting hold of the offer? 

20 Replies
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Loads of people have been asking the same question over on Twitter and their standard reply from the NowTV Twitter Team is what's shown on the screen shot below.

youdoodle-2020-06-11T14-32-23Z.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply @schnapps hopefully the offer will be extended to long time customers soon!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Reading the last part of the NowTV Tweet (reading between the lines) i am guessing they are looking to offer some sort of Sports Pass offer deal on their website for customers who have missed out on the email deal.

Though i have no inside knowledge of this and it's pure speculation on my part with the possible cryptic clue in the bottom of the tweet.

Don't hold me to it if i am totally wrong and barking up the wrong tree.

Saint1976
Elite 3

I said yesterday this is what p***** me off with Now TV. 5 years plus with them and I've never once been offered a discount, not even when cancelling movies!

You pay on time, show loyalty and get nothing in return. 

Hearing 'eligible customers', some of whom have been with now for a matter of weeks, getting selected for a large discount is a kick in the b****** really!

I'm also reading of people getting voucher codes for 1 & 2 months free to extend their season pass - but not me! Mine expires next week and they expect me to pay £68 to watch the remaining football fixtures!

ukbobboy
Legend

@Saint1976 

Look Saint

You've got to be kidding with this "loyalty" thing, it's a mug's game. If you want discounts and stuff, don't wait around like a dog waiting for a bone, check out what retailers, like Amazon, Currys, etc., have to offer.

Waiting around and doing nothing is a sure sign that you are satisfied with the way things are and willing to pay whatever price rise is coming down the line, at least that's the way it seems to the stuff shirts that run the company.

UK Bob

Saint1976
Elite 3

@ukbobboy I didn't say I don't seek out my own offers. I'm old enough and wise enough to know how the system works. It's the same for the car insurance, utilities etc etc etc

What I'm saying is, why are some people, particularly customers who've only been using now TV for a matter of weeks, getting massive discounts? I understand a sign up deal to get them on the hook but it's not even new customers!

Why are some customers in the same boat as me regarding the season pass getting free months and others aren't? 

It's obvious to all and sundry that these offers are discussed in the community page. The latest sport offer is in the national press! All it does is antagonise customers.

If you came into my business tomorrow and I charged you 40% more than the customer stood next to you, you'd have more than a few questions for me wouldn't you?

starman73
Expert 3

I understand a sign up deal to get them on the hook but it's not even new customers!

The thing is the value of Now TV (or Netflix or Amazon or whatever ) is subjective. Now TV’s IT system doubtless see that I am not particularly committed as I have spells with no passes but am tempted by offers.  So the IT system figures it is better to get £4/month off me for movies than nothing. And then I get a £20/month Sports offer because I don’t have Sports active at the moment. Again they may get £60 of income that they wouldn’t get otherwise.

ukbobboy
Legend

@starman73 @Saint1976 

You know Starman

Like you, some senior forum members have also worked out how to get better value for the money they spend with Now TV. Whereas I'm not at the level of their or your expertise at saving money, I try to save as much as I can by scanning retailers for cheaper passes. And if a retailer I regularly visit doesn't have what I want at the price I'm willing to pay then I move on.

As a consumer, I owe it to my family and myself to make it all count, after all "every little helps" (borrowed that from Tesco).

UK Bob

starman73
Expert 3

Whereas I'm not at the level of their or your expertise at saving money, I try to save as much as I can by scanning retailers for cheaper passes.

Ironically, I bought a few passes from Currys/Argos with sticks because they seemed like a bargain with every intention of using them, but I get occasional emails offering me cinema or entertainment for £1/month and when I do cancel I get retention offers I can't refuse. 

A couple of days ago I finally used the entertainment pass (+ sports day) that came with the stick as I had no entertainment offers and wanted to get the day pass on for the first match on June 17.  I bought it back in March 2018...

ukbobboy
Legend

@starman73 

Way to go, Starman

There is no way I could keep something (anything) from March 2018 to use some two years later, I would have lost it.

Mind you, I usually buy 3 x 2 months Entertainment passes, get Now TV help to consolidate them into 1 x 6 months, and use it at the appropriate time. Right now, I have enough passes to last into the middle of next year.

My way isn't complex or clever but "that's the way I do it" and it works.

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Just noticed this on the NowTV website, it's a petty NowTV couldn't offer everybody the same 3 months for £20 per month sports pass deal that was emailed to selective customers 😠.

Screenshot_2020-06-15-12-01-07.png

Saint1976
Elite 3

@schnapps and they are still advertising £20 for a single month! It's an absolute farce! P*** up and brewery?

Screenshot_20200615-122733.jpg

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

If you want Sports on Now TV for £20/month look for old email offers and try them.  Some still work.

"save over 40% and get behind the Three Lions"  received on 6 Jun 2019, 18:28 still works for me.

"mission.control" is the sender

Saint1976
Elite 3

@SweetBlitz you're assuming that everyone gets those emails. Like I said, I've never received a single offer in 5 plus years! 

SweetBlitz
Expert 3

@Saint1976 Sure but they send plenty of offers out via email which a number of customers have lurking in their email archive.  And some still work.  Apart from the Three Lions one, there was another concerning cricket last summer that also still works.

GrumpyDonkey
Scholar 2

Some of us have NEVER had an offer via email. So how do you go back and chack if you have NEVER had oneto start with?

ukbobboy
Legend

@Saint1976 

Well Saint

You said, "If you came into my business tomorrow and I charged you 40% more than the customer stood next to you, you'd have more than a few questions for me wouldn't you?"

To tell you the truth, I wouldn't.  I would not berate you about your internal policies, I would leave your business never to return, or if I did returned it would be with a whopping great discount voucher.

Simply put, if you want my money you have to make it advantageous for me to spend my money at your business, otherwise I will go elsewhere.

Perhaps Saint, we look at our purchasing capabilities from opposite ends of the spending spectrum.

UK Bob 

Saint1976
Elite 3

@ukbobboy

Simply put, if you want my money you have to make it advantageous for me to spend my money at your business, otherwise I will go elsewhere.

Perhaps Saint, we look at our purchasing capabilities from opposite ends of the spending spectrum.

Er, that's been my whole point so obviously we don't!

starman73
Expert 3

I have been with Now TV for nearly 7 years and I have never paid full price for a pass.

ukbobboy
Legend

@starman73 

Yeah Starman

Five + years for me, and never paid full price either.  Simply put, you gotta get up and go looking (to your computer at least) for those discounts.

Or continue waiting for that bone.

UK Bob