cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UKTVPlayapp
Expert

Re: Sky Sports Bonus Streams on NowTV

Will the bonus streams feature be available when the new now tv homepage on now tv smart box with Freeview arrives. I am looking forward to use this feature for EFL football games and other sports.

0 Thanks
Enapace
Expert 2

@UKTVPlayapp 

I would think it likely to be brought to the NowTV Freeview box when the issues affecting it and the UI are resolved. I am glad to see that Bonus streams are getting more supported devices at the start it was a bit lackluster to say the least. 

I hope the bonus streams are brought up to 1080p 50fps and that the rest of the sky sports channels become 1080p 50fps live.

PA
Advocate

Is the Bonus Stream / Red Button content for Sky Sports available on the old black Now TV box from a few years ago? 

0 Thanks
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@PA 

Have a look at this link you will see the answer is no sorry.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/now-tv-features

Got a Sky Sports Month Pass, and one of the supported devices listed below? You can access extra channels on selected sports events using Bonus Streams, including additional EFL matches and F1 Race Control.

• NOW TV Smart Stick
  • NOW TV Boxes (except the NOW TV Smart Box with Freeview)
  • YouView box
  • Apple TV HD (4th gen) or 4K
  • Amazon Fire TV Stick (2nd & 3rd Gen, 4K, Lite & Basic Edition)
  • PS4
  • PS5
  • Xbox One
  • Xbox Series X/S
  • LG or Samsung Smart TV
  • JVC Fire TV Edition Smart 4K TV.

You’ll find all available Bonus Streams at the bottom of your NOW TV app homepage. Don't worry if you can't see any Bonus Streams right now – they'll appear automatically by the time the event starts.

Will Bonus Streams be available on other devices?

Absolutely. We'll be making Bonus Streams available via the NOW TV Player and supported smartphones in 2021.

0 Thanks
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @PA 

If you mean this version of the NowTV black box in the picture below, then yes Bonus Streams are available.

You won't see anything at the moment, because NowTV have no Bonus Streams available to watch.

98e73a3b855697a6612136111777818f-1200-80.jpg

PA
Advocate

@schnapps that's exactly the one I mean, thank you! I am just planning ahead to watch some upcoming midweek EFL games and didn't want to take the plunge on a month pass if I couldn't watch the Red Button games. Thanks again.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @PA 

I haven't seen any EFL Football available on either the Sky Red Button Service or NowTV Bonus Streams since around Christmas.

From memory i can't recall any EFL games on Bonus Streams during January 2021.

Looking at the Sky Sports Football TV schedule (see link below) the next red button / bonus streams will not be until the 16th of February based on the current schedule from Sky Sports.

Also if you subscribe to a HD Boost Pass, Bonus Streams are streamed at 720p 25fps playback 😠😠😠.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/football-on-sky 

PA
Advocate

Smashing, thanks again @schnapps , that's very useful. I'm eyeing up one of the 17th Feb games on the Red Button so will hold off until then. Cheers!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@PA 

Really must apologise for the confusion. Couldn’t read through the info I even supplied! 

Thanks for picking it up @schnapps  😃

UKTVPlayapp
Expert

Is there any news when sky sports bonus stream will appear on now tv smart box with Freeview.

0 Thanks