cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mentor

Sky Sports 12 month offer

Hi.

Yesterday morning I extended my Sky Sports pass for a month with effect from this Sunday. Yesterday afternoon a new 12 month offer was launched which I would have taken up if I had had the opportunity.

Can I take advantage of this new offer and override my one month extension subscription if I take up the new offer before this Sunday?

Thanks

0 Thanks
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Sky Sports 12 month offer

@DMB_314 

If you have a current Sports Pass just running out, and a new one starting Sunday, then you will have to wait until there is less than a month left before you can add another Pass.

Which would take you to Monday.

How long is this 12 month offer open for? Would you still be able to sign up for it on Monday?

If not, get on to Live Chat, and see if they can help.

At worst, they can super-cancel the current and upcoming passes today, so you have no running or upcoming Sports passes, leaving you free to take the 12-month offer; but they might be able to do better than that, by refunding or deferring the month you have just added, say.

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’
(As long as you started the thread, and haven’t already accepted an answer)
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’ (the thumbs-up icon)
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@DMB_314 

If you have a current Sports Pass just running out, and a new one starting Sunday, then you will have to wait until there is less than a month left before you can add another Pass.

Which would take you to Monday.

How long is this 12 month offer open for? Would you still be able to sign up for it on Monday?

If not, get on to Live Chat, and see if they can help.

At worst, they can super-cancel the current and upcoming passes today, so you have no running or upcoming Sports passes, leaving you free to take the 12-month offer; but they might be able to do better than that, by refunding or deferring the month you have just added, say.

If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Mentor

Rob,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I currently have a pass which expires on Saturday; new 1-month pass is due to start on Sunday (which is presumably the day payment will be taken if I do nothing).

The new 12-month offer is time limited.

How would I go about the live chat option you suggest as I have only managed to find a chatbot?

Thanks again.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@DMB_314 

I’m sure the offer is indeed time-limited, but I can’t see what the limits are; are you sure it will be gone by Monday?

However - Live Chat;-

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/now-tv-account-payments/cancelling-or-renewing-now-tv-passes

and press the down arrow under ‘How to get in touch’ at the bottom of the page.

On Live Chat, when you can get onto it, keep your answers short, sweet and prompt, or it will time out on you.

If the person you are talking to doesn’t seem able to understand your issue, ask to be escalated to the next level of help.

<If you can’t access Live Chat and nothing happens, try a different browser from your usual one (Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Safari) on which you haven’t disabled pop ups, third party cookies or indeed any cookies, haven’t set an Ad Blocker, and haven’t set Noscript on, or JavaScript off, as any or all of these things may prevent the Live Chat window appearing. Or try your usual browser in Incognito, sometimes called Private, mode.>

Highlighted
Mentor

Hi Rob,

Thank very much for taking the time to provide invaluable advice.

I managed to reach Live Chat and through them found a solution to transfer to the 12-month offer.

All the best,

DMB_314

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar

I spoke to live chat the other day, and they said the offer will be around for one month.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

Thanks Dean,

I have successfully made the switch to the offer.

All the best.

0 Thanks