cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robert1997
Scholar 5

Re: Sky Sports 10 Month Season Ticket

Why oh why do people not read the T&C's before signing up for services? On the offer page for the Season Ticket the T&C's clearly state

Red button and interactive services are unavailable

https://www.nowtv.com/watch-sky-sports-online

@Championship1 

Are your TVs Youview enabled by any chance where Youview only has the Cinema package at the present time.

Other people have been having problems activating their sports pass. The 'fix', at least for some, seems to be signing out of the app and signing in again plus rebooting your router, leaving it off for 30 minutes or so might just help.

0 Thanks
Championship1
Occasional Poster

It no worries clever Robert 1997, Under the sale of goods act; The Office of Fair Trading's (OFT) Distance Selling Regulations entitle all buyers of goods and services online to a cooling-off period of seven working days, calculated from the date the transaction is completed. During this period, I can cancel and get a full refund, without having to give any reason.

Best regards,

Old timer 1966

0 Thanks
robert1997
Scholar 5

You're no old timer, I was born just 3 years after you 😀

There's no need to call me 'clever' either, I was only offering some common sense advice, it comes with the age 😆 If you don't wish to accept my advice then that's absolutely ok with me. No harm done. It's all good 😀

0 Thanks
Bunnj
Occasional Poster

I am currently on a £14.99 sports deal for 3 months (ends Oct) am I better off cancelling current deal and getting the 10 months? Or will they offer me a similar deal when my current one ends, does anyone have any previous experience? Thanks

0 Thanks
schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Bunnj 

If you current sports pass offer expires towards the end of October then you won't be eligible for this new 10 month offer on your current account (even if you cancel your sports pass) where this offer ends on the 26th of August 2019.

Can't predict what will happen if you cancel the sports pass closer to your pass full price renewal date if you will be offered a further discounted rate by NowTV should you cancel.

RoyB Mentor 1
Mentor 1

@Bunnj 

After doing some quick maths about the break-even point, consider setting up a new account you can put the Season Ticket on, after about the 20th of August (allow a few days leeway to get past the boulders that NowTV may strew in your path to this) if the calculation is good.

Alternatively, you could possibly have a chat with Live Cutoff about your options here, and how far Retentions would want to go to keep you if you Cancelled your existing Sports Pass and proposed not to renew it....

Live Cutoff can be accessed here :-

Get in Touch (all the options, and the best place to start):-

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/

On a screen with big buttons all around, you may find the link you need is under a tiny green arrow, so be vigilant.

Live Chat and Send Us a Message:-

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

On Live Chat, when you can get onto it, keep your answers short, sweet and prompt, or it will time out on you.

If the person you are talking to doesn’t seem able to understand your issue, ask to be escalated to the next level of help.

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’.
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’.
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
robert1997
Scholar 5

@schnapps @Bunnj 

It's difficult to know what would happen. I've had two friends cancel their sports pass to take up the offer, they both had two months to run, and their Sky Sports access is shown as ending on what would be their next payment due date. However, another friend did the same thing and they are still being shown as 'contracted' until their original end date, therefore unable to take up the offer. It's all a bit messy when it comes to cancelling NowTV.

What I would say re any future offers is "it's a gamble". Personally I never paid more than £20 the entire time I had Sky Sports bar the initial first months' sub. Granted that was 2 seasons ago as last season I took out the Season Pass.

This season I've gone mad and taken out the Main Event HD sub on BTTV at £36 so I can record the EPL matches for catching up on a little later in the evening.

On a side note I'm also waiting for any announcement (possibly next year now) for the full NowTV suite to make it onto the same platform to get the convenience of recording sports content so don't wish to get tied into any contracts with Sky/NowTV for the present.

schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Bunnj 

Just having another think about your current discounted sports offer at £15 per month.

I might be wrong but i believe with these type of discounted monthly payment offers from NowTV, if you decide to cancel early you will lose and forfeit any months left @ £15 per month where the pass might refer back to £33.99 on your next due payment from the following month you cancel before the discounted rate ends towards the end of October.

So just take this into consideration if you are going to cancel your pass.

paul132
Contributor 1

Hi,

Thanks @schnapps and others for the useful information.

I have a current offer that finishes on the 8th September, so I will make my last payment on the 8th August and then 'cancel the pass'

I saw that i mentioned in a post that you could take this offer up if you are in the last 30 days, which is great as I will be.  However, in the T&Cs it also says "You can only have one Sky Sports Pass in your account at any one time", which i will have at the time i buy the offer.

So i just wanted to double check that the opinion would be that i'd be ok, and if I bought it then it would activate on the 9th September.  I just wanted to be sure in case i get any 'not as good' offers and turn them down when i cancel.

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Paul

schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @paul132 

My understanding is that if your existing offer finishes on the 8th of September 2019, then from the 8th of August you should be eligible for the new 10 month offer.

Where my understanding is that the 10 month offer will start on the 8th of September 2019.

What i would be inclined to do is maybe on the 9th or 10th of August go into My Account > Passes & Vouchers section of your account on here and if the green apply voucher button appears next to the one month sports pass then i would say you will be eligible for the new 10 month sports pass offer.

Just be aware it's a full £199 up front payment on the day you purchase the deal and not spread across 10 months and the deal expires on the NowTV website at 23.59 on the 26th of August 2019.