I'll try it out once the last payment has gone, and i've cancelled the pass.
Thanks for the comment on the full payment. I took the equivalent one last year, and then the monthly deal to see me through the summer.
Have a good weekend
I might have given you some incorrect information with regards to the 30 days remaining on an existing offer according to this post linked below.
I am going to double check with a NowTV Staff member on Monday for clarification.
So based on your information given and according to the above link it looks like you need to cancel your pass before the 8th of August for the 10 month pass to be eligible on your account.
Where the new 10 month pass will start on the 8th of August from calculations.
Hi @Anonymous User
What is the exact date at the end of October you current deal expires ?
If it is before the 26th then have a read of the instructions in this linked thread below.
Hold fire until i hopefully manage to speak to a Senior NowTV Staff Member on Monday if this 30 day rule is applicable or not.
Will get you an answer either way by the 6th should you need to cancel before the 8th of this month has suggested on that other linked thread that i pointed you towards.
Sorry about any confusion caused.
I messaged the NowTV Community Forum Manager who is currently on Holidays at the moment.
I did manage to message another NowTV Senior Staff Member who is in a different Dept, his understanding like mine was if you have 30 days or less left on your account before the deadline date of the 26th of August 2019 when this 10 month new sports pass deal finishes, then you should be eligible to buy the pass after the 8th but before the 26th of this month.
Then the 10 month new offer should automatically kick it on the 8th of September when you current offer comes to an end.
He did say that you need to contact their live chat service to get the NowTV official support on the options you have when buying this new 10 month deal (so it looks like more further clarity from a NowTV Staff Member might not be forth coming on here with an official reply).
So with this in mind, i don't want to be responsible to say hold off on buying the new 10 month offer until after the 8th of August for the sake of saving the extra one month discounted rate just in case the 10 month offer doesn't get accepted on your account for any reason.
Therefore you will have to make the decision yourself where either contact live chat, or cancel your pass before the 8th of August where the 10 month offer will start from the 8th of August or take the gamble and leave your current pass running until after the 8th then buy the 10 month offer before the 26th of August and see if this new 10 month pass starts from the 8th of September where this would be at your own risk.
i did suggest the 30 day or less rule with a couple of other forum members who posted on the various threads on the forum where they would have been in the less than 30 day time limit bracket with their existing pass offer, where they had the opportunity to buy the new 10 month deal on their account towards the end of July and the beginning of early part of this month, but none of them have posted back to say it worked or not.
So i am none the wiser.
Suppose based on the above you need to make a big decision.
Sorry about that.
Thanks for doing all that. It is a bit of a mess.
To confuse/clarify things further, i've just had a LiveChat to see what they say.
Initially i got told that i wouldn't be able to take the 10 month offer, as there will be "already an offer on your account", but if i cancelled i would be able to take the season pass.
I then just checked to clarify about the last 30 days, and the adviser must have checked something/with some one. I then had this chat (i've anonymised, and ignore typos :))
Adviser (06/08/2019, 14:38:07): Paul you don't need to cancel the pass and missed out on 1 month .
Adviser (06/08/2019, 14:38:22): Just take the offer on 10/8/2019 and you will be able to take the deal.
Me (06/08/2019, 14:38:55): thats brilliant if that is the case. Can take that as 100% i'll be able to take it
Adviser (06/08/2019, 14:39:52): yes
Me (06/08/2019, 14:40:05): thank you so much for finding that out
Me (06/08/2019, 14:40:44): so i'll pay the next month on the 8th for sports, and then take the deal on the 10th for the 10 month season pass
Adviser (06/08/2019, 14:41:17): Because your pass is due on 8/8/2019 after 8/8/2019 you will be having the current deal only for one month so you will be able to take the deal because there won't be any voucher code in your account and the new deal will start from 9/9/2019.
Adviser (06/08/2019, 14:41:29): Correct.
So I was going to cancel, but i hope i'll be ok to let it run before taking out the season pass.
I've not dealt much with LiveChat, but from your experience (i have now saved the transcript) could that still be reneged on, or am i ok?
Cheers for all your help
To be honest i haven't had much dealings with live chat, where i haven't had the necessity to contact them unless i have a dodgy voucher code.
They are employed by NowTV and represents the company so i would say the saved transcripts between you and a live chat service adviser would act as evidence and proof if you lose out on the 10 month offer when taking further action if what they said doesn't come true.
Don't know what course of action you would need to take, perhaps take it up with their senior management level and what form of compensation they would offer if the 10 month deal doesn't get applied to your account.
I don't work for NowTV so i don't know the complaints procedure apart from this article below.
Put it on your credit card, and pay it off monthly from there. Treat the interest as the extra that NowTV would charge you for not ponying up all the money in one go.