cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arrgee1991
Contributor 1

Re: Sky F1 and NowTV in 2019. What do we all want to happen ?

@Gert1 wrote:

I would expect Sky wants to benefit from having the sole rights to airing live f1 races. If so, would they offer a Sky F1 channel only package at a reasonable price?

I don’t care about the other sports channels but only F1. I am happy to pay a reasonable price for that but not £30 for the complete sports package. 

The business case for offering a package with a price in between (£15 p/m seems reasonable) sounds like the best option to me.

Or will they force me and many other dedicated F1 watchers (I’ve watched since the nineties) to stop watching live races? 

They did make an offer like that at the start of the F1 season  

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Sports/Formula-1-150-offer/m-p/459921

Gert1
Occasional Poster

I noticed that. Hopefully they will do the same this year!

0 Thanks
doppelganger
Regular 2

Re the F1 Season Pass, the price was good if you wanted all the sports channels, which is what the deal actually was. But that price was still too high if it's just the F1 that's wanted.

For Sky's exclusive live seasons I've set a budget cap per season, just as F1 itself keeps toying with budget caps. Unlike Liberty's hosting fees though, my cap is fixed and will not rise each year during Sky's exclusivity. I suspect though that Sky's demands will exceed my budget cap from year one. There are mutterings around of something brewing with Sky F1 but only time will tell.

0 Thanks
doppelganger
Regular 2

It will be interesting to watch Formula E through the BBC Sport app on my NowTV Smart Box. I'm expecting that the picture quality will be better than SkyF1 on NowTV via the same box. Which will show that NowTV can do better with picture quality.

0 Thanks