cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gert1
Mentor

Re: Sky F1 and NowTV in 2019. What do we all want to happen ?

@arniesan wrote:

I would be happy with the £150 deal as last season, to cover all races live and to include the sky sport full package for the 9 months, from the first race in March.

Watching the practice and qualyfing, is important to me, so day passes are a no no and weekly passes work out too expensive.

Completely agree. You want to see at least the qualifying as well as the race and a day pass doesn't cut it then. And getting a week pass for every race is just too expensive.

Fortunately there is a £10 p/m deal coming as per @starman73 's post so that is a great solution! Hopefully that includes NowTV.

0 Thanks
Ls2014
Advocate

https://www.seenit.co.uk/now-tv-announces-sky-sports-season-ticket-for-f1-fans/

Link says £195 for 9 months

Wonder if this is legit

0 Thanks

£195 for nine months for all Sports channels then.

That's reasonable if I want all channels but I don't I just want the F1 at a reasonable price.

So that's a NO from me.

0 Thanks

So far this year then I've just watched Australia and China live and free, courtesy of them being shown on Sky One and having won two Nestle Entertainment passes from Aero bars.

Let's nudge the idea of a six hour pass for a fiver maximum again. I would have done that for races since and Sky would have made some money out of me.

Or a PROPER F1 Channel only app with live and catch up (like the Sky news and Sky Sports News apps). I'd part with a tenner a month for that all season.

£8.99 is reasonable if there's more than one event in a 24 hour window, but it's too expensive for a SINGLE event.

Your on screen team is stale and some members are dismal. Improvement there may help pull more subs in.....  just a thought.

So the bottom line Mr Sky is that I'm willing to pay if your product improves and it's priced right.

0 Thanks
ClockEnd
Expert 2

"six hour pass for a fiver maximum"

The trouble is that it just adds to the confusion. Like the smartphone pass with 5 channels.

Personally a 60 hour pass would work for me to cover football from Saturday am to Monday pm. For England cricket fans a five day pass would be ideal (though often they don’t even need that).  Golf fans a four day pass.  And so on.

Also I suspect there would be far more traffic on here with for example people stating they started pass too early and event had not completed.  

Day and week keeps things simple.

0 Thanks

LOL !

Not sure if you're taking the mick or haven't got the point 😀

To clarify, what I mean by single event is a single race, a single tennis match, a single football match and so on, all of which tend to fit within a six hour time slot. If this was available on the NowTV boxes, users may just click and pay there and then and watch immediately. The user may even pay another fiver the next day if there's another event outside the existing 24 hour slot. (F1 is a perfect example). The £14.99 week pass is now also too expensive IMO for an F1 weekend now and is wasted money if I then can't or don't watch.

Of course Cricket (yawn😀) does tend to drag on and on and on and on and on, so maybe we could have a 83.69873 hour pass too!

0 Thanks

I'll be taking up the £9.99 Sports Month offer which will cover 3 races. I probably won't watch Japan live, but even watching Russia and Mexico only works out at a fiver per race, which is acceptable. It's about equivalent to the £5 for six hours pass that a number of us have suggested. Don't mind paying if the price is reasonable, just a shame that Sky's coverage is so dire despite being plentiful.....

On that, I'd scrap the entire Sky team and then have Whisper producing for both Sky and Ch4 with the Ch4/exBBC team. Live on Sky with the highlights show on both Sky and Ch4. I'd bring Martin and Ted across as pundits, but the rest can go! I can dream.....

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Enapace
Mentor

I don't think £25 a month is to bad you can easily find £25 month vouchers in Argos or Tescos

0 Thanks

Indeed it is reasonable if you want all the sports. Just F1 for me though.

What is not reasonable though is Sky taking £16.99 from my card for a further month. I did not take up the half price offer when I cancelled after taking up the £9.99 promo price. I have their email to prove it. 

I've seen many posts about unauthorised payments being collected and now they've done it to me too. Wonder how many others have suffered this?

I'll be contacting them on chat.

0 Thanks