cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate

Re: Should Now TV suspend billing for Sports?

Does anyone know if we can suspend our NOW TV Sky Sports, Sky are allowing their customer to suspend their sports accounts. I have a 12 month contract which doesn’t expire until August. I do not feel I should pay for a non service? Any ideas?

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Tinks57 

This has been discussed literally to death across the forum. The only way you stand any change of a refund or free pass is by contacting Now TV directly and not through the customer forum. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Advocate

I agree, Now TV need to do the same as other suppliers and suspend sports packages until live sports get reinstated. I have tried to contact to discuss as I am in the same as others on this forum (i.e. have committed to contract period) but there is simply no way to get in touch, their chat function is disabled and not accepting emails, call centre directs you back to website. Really needs to be addressed...

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

April 1st 2020 : The massive revenues to nowtv and absolutely no contact available . I wanted  to temporarily suspend my sports pass , I  have no other passes . It must be breach of contract if there is no live sport to watch , yet still we make payments ? 

If we are honoure/re-imbursed for the months of payment with no sport that will be fine , and maybe access to other passes, like films ? 

If I can post this message , then all the staff that work at nowtv can do the same can't they ? , where is the customer service I ask ? Will any staff post updates and maybe customer options/settlements , or will nowtv just sit back and take our payments ? 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Expert 2

I have a 12 month contract which doesn’t expire until August.

There are no contracts with Now TV.  

There are two options 

1. If you pay month by month, cancel.
  2. if you have paid up front, cross your fingers and hope Now TV do something good when they get back on chat.
Highlighted
Expert 2

It must be breach of contract if there is no live sport to watch , yet still we make payments ?

How can it be breach of contract as there are no contracts with Now TV? Why don’t you cancel sports immediately?

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Thank you for that .  Any agreement or arrangement is deemed a  'contract'

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Expert 2

Ok, being pedantic.  You don’t have a contract term with Now TV. You have a contract term with Virgin or Sky or BT.  You can cancel at any time with no penalty.  There is nothing binding nor enforceable by law when you cancel.  

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

I’m not going to renew with the Now TV daylight robbing you-know-whats

thats the only way

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

Rubbish. When you purchase anything from anybody you are entering in to a contract, even if not formally written. If somebody sold you a microwave, and it turned out to be a kettle, that's a breach of contract.

I was sold 10 months of live sports. I've only had 7 of those. That's a breach of contract.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2015/15/part/1/chapter/3/crossheading/what-statutory-rights-are-...

36: Digital content to be as described

(1) Every contract to supply digital content is to be treated as including a term that the digital content will match any description of it given by the trader to the consumer.

(4) A change to any of that information, made before entering into the contract or later, is not effective unless expressly agreed between the consumer and the trader.

0 Thanks