cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Duncaw67
Scholar 3

Re: SPORTS WEEKLY PASS

@schnapps 

Cheers, but I won't be able to apply voucher till my monthly pass expires on Oct 16, then I will follow your link, and hopefully my voucher will work!!!

Dartsfan
Advocate

When you want to watch a three day darts tournament or other weekend sport event and the option is now a daily pass or a monthly pass, it is quite clear why Sky/Now TV have done this. How utterly immoral this is during lockdown when people have lost their jobs and are at home feeling worried and bored. Disgusting greed. 

SweetBlitz
Expert 2

...it is quite clear why Sky/Now TV have done this

I don’t think it is.  Surely better to sell a week pass for £15 for those who want to watch a test match, a golf tournament, football internationals or anything else that is done and dusted in a week.  So unless the take up was particularly low, it makes little sense to scrap it.

FWIW I find the day pass next to useless these days with football matches spanning Friday - Monday.  Lucky to get 2 in a 24 hour period.  I have 3 day passes to use.  May squeeze them in between monthly passes at some point.  

0 Thanks
SweetBlitz
Expert 2

One thing that is worth doing before deciding on buying a month pass is to check ahead.  With darts there was World Cup over last 4 days and grand slam coming up later this month (Mon 16th Nov -Tue 24th Nov)

https://www.skysports.com/watch/darts-on-sky

0 Thanks
AnotherExUser
Advocate

I agree with a lot of the earlier comments - came in to buy a pass for a week to watch the Masters, but certainly don't want to pay for a month.  Poor show, NowTV, and another customer you've just lost.

Kielty
Advocate

You can still get a weekly sports pass if you use the Now TV app via an Apple TV. You are still able to purchase a weekly pass via your iTunes account at £14.99

Totally agree with other comments, this is a pain as I only want to watch the Masters.

0 Thanks
JES
Observer

I agree with the posts from fellow golfers - great disappointment that I cannot buy a week pass and I am not prepared to pay for a month pass that I then have to cancel. It feels like an underhand marketing ploy. I have previously recommended Now TV but won’t be doing in the future. 

Raze
Advocate

Where’s my weekly pass gone!!

I used this to watch the masters. Test matches , long weekends of football. Why do I suddenly have to pay more for a MONTH? 
Sky cashing in during lockdown? Shame on you 

bye

SweetBlitz
Expert 2

I am not sure this is Sky cashing in.  The day pass is definitely cashing in nowadays at £10, but the week pass which was £15 is now not so far away from the month pass on offer (£20/month or £25/month) and I suspect the take up of the weekly pass wasn’t that high.  I was able to get a number of week passes free from PS Plus, so I used them, but never paid for one as I was always able to get month passes for £20 or less.  I have a month pass currently (3 months costing £50), but this would have been the perfect week with masters and international football.

I agree that when a major golf tournament is on the week pass makes more sense, but no other provider (BT/Eurosport/Premier Sports) does a week or even a day pass, you have to get a month minimum.

0 Thanks
SweetBlitz
Expert 2

You can still get a weekly sports pass if you use the Now TV app via an Apple TV. You are still able to purchase a weekly pass via your iTunes account at £14.99

That’s interesting, does it apply the pass directly to your account? Or do you get a code?

0 Thanks