cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dps039
Mentor

Re: SKY SPORTS CHANNELS NOT WORKING

Have boost and have done since it launched, rebooted everything, always the first thing to try 😂 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

No problem my end watching the West Ham v Chelsea match based in South Wales.

If your Router or playback device can accommodate it, i would try using the Google Public DNS servers to see if that makes any difference when streaming NOW sports.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@dps039 

Sorry bud, not much more i can think of. Sounds like it could be a server issue like @Saint1976 mentioned. 

Its been a long time since I’ve watched live sports on NOW.

0 Thanks
dps039
Mentor

I’ve had Now for years and had more buffering issues this week than the entire time previous. It’s not my broadband connection, it’s not my internal network or equipment, I work in IT so know what to look for, it’s most likely the source.

0 Thanks
Nimo
Advocate

I don't particularly want to pay any more money just to get the service I should already be getting.

Karl1000
Mentor

Thanks all for posts I’ve just scanned these posts to see solutions as we have also been having exact same issue. Just the sports channels and really just this week, not had problems at all for the last 15 months since buying into now tv. Qled Samsung TV - fine on all other apps and channels.

however now tv works fine on my ipad.

have just bought the boost and watching the Brighton match have not had a glitch at all. Perhaps it this the frame rate however hadn’t had a problem until recent days. Is it a way of forcing a hand into the boost add on?

Any other solutions please post

cheers

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Karl1000 

Framerate is everything when it comes to sports. 

The annoying thing is since BT sport app launch on smart TVs they had 50fps as standard across their channels and that was at no extra cost! 

With NOW and boost not all sports channels are 50fps

• Smoother sporting action: 6 Sky Sports channels – Main Event, Premier League, F1, Football, Cricket and Golf – are available at 50 frames per second (except on Xbox One & Series X/S and LG TV).

Those not supported will still be 1080p but with 25fps which completely ruins the viewing experience. 

So if you have Boost and watching one of the above channels with a supported device then the viewing experience is as expected.

Newman
Advocate

Exact same as me! 2 month old samsung tv. Wired connection  of 146MBPS!!!!!! NOT ONE other device using the broadband. And it cant go two bloody minutes without blurring out to unwatchable for up to 30 seconds at a time! 

thcw21
Advocate

I was having an issue with the NOW TV box and the picture quality being really awful and unwatchable for the past few days. Just did a factory reset on the box and it appears to have fixed the issue. Hope this is helpful for someone

0 Thanks
lockmatt
Expert 2

@Newman im having exactly same issue on my samsung smart tv on a wired connection,stream quality goes down to 90,its happening on both main event and premier league channels.

0 Thanks