cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Piper617
Advocate

Re: Poor F1 quality streaming through TV

Not for the first time the streaming quality for Sky F1 coverage was falling from 4830 to 90 every couple of minutes this afternoon. I have a Samsung SMART TV and nothing wrong with my wi-fi set-up (all other wi-fi apps were working fine), nor broadband speed. Sometimes the problem cleared itself within 10 secs., most times I had to switch channel and back again to clear it. I've tried to contact NOW's online customer chat service ... but no response, so have left a complaint.

From the other comments that have been left, it seems that this is a whole bigger issue for NOW TV. Hopefully they will resolve it soon ... like in time for us to enjoy tomorrow's race buffer-free!!!

0 Thanks
JoeC
Mentor

Thanks Bub 👍

0 Thanks
JoeC
Mentor

I received several emails going over all the things we all try and result I got an offer of compensation ………………………..£6

£6 are you serious? I take this as a we don’t care about your custom and will now be leaving Now, what an absolute farce this really is, if it wasn’t so hilarious of an offer I would be livid, good luck everyone you are all valued customer hahahaha 

0 Thanks
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@JoeC 

If you feel unhappy with the reply on compensation, you might as well complain to customer support. Address in below picture.

0BDA8DE7-F154-46C7-B74C-C859E61A5646.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, I am simply a NOW customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service and like you I am still a customer. For any account issues you’ll need to contact staff via customer support.
rdbushsky
Advocate

Same here.  Football is so blurry every 5\10 mins on Samsung TV.

I spent over 40mins onto Avila on the unhelpful desk!

He said he was sorting it and then cut my chat for no reason.

I have had no email back as they just do not care.

0 Thanks
DaveB74
Advocate

I'm just getting pixels on my LG TV, can watch other channels fine though. Yet the F1 channel works fine on the xbox one app. Seems very strange.

0 Thanks
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@DaveB74 

Do you have boost?

Although boost 50fps isn’t supported on LG TVs

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-boost

Is your TV Ethernet or Wi-fi connection? 
Have you tried to delete and reinstall the app?

It’s worth unplugging your TV and router for a few minutes to refresh the connections.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, I am simply a NOW customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service and like you I am still a customer. For any account issues you’ll need to contact staff via customer support.
0 Thanks
doppelganger
Expert

It's been spot on in HD through my NowTV Smart box. My connection is just 6MB.

It's terrible in the Windows 10 app though, which seem more to do with the app itself being dismal.

Same connection - different result and devices were not in use at the same time.

My experiences are similar to game consoles vs PC's. A console (like a Smart box) is a fixed spec so is easier to optimise for, but PC's vary in spec. Also, Roku are clever folks.

0 Thanks
DaveB74
Advocate

Thanks for the reply. I'm on Wifi connection, will have to try unplugging the TV; must admit I've not tried the hard reset. I have removed and reinstalled the app, to no avail. Thanks once again for the suggestions. 🙂

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@DaveB74 

Are you able to hardwire the TV with a Ethernet cable? 

0 Thanks