cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrsB1
Observer

Now TV currently unavailable

Keep getting “Sorry, NOW TV is currently unavailable” on LG TV app. Husband trying to watch football. I can’t find any information on NOW being unavailable. Anyone any ideas?

1 Solution
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @MrsB1 

Have you tried unplugging the power to your LG Smart TV for 2 minutes at the electrical mains to see if that clears the error message ?

View solution in original post

11 Replies
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @MrsB1 

Have you tried unplugging the power to your LG Smart TV for 2 minutes at the electrical mains to see if that clears the error message ?

MrsB1
Observer

Yes tried that twice, no luck 😞

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @MrsB1 

What about a fresh NOW App install on your LG Smart TV ?

MrsB1
Observer

Hi @schnapps 

I have now rebooted everything switched off for 5 minutes, rebooted everything, got two different error messages then by some miracle I got on by using the live now selection rather than the sports menu. Husband was happy until he realised the score is 1-0!!! 🙂 
Thanks for your help 🙂

Saint1976
Elite 3

Hi @schnapps 

Just logged into my LG TV to see if I had the same problem and the app is completely broken to the extent it's crashed my TV.

Logged in, selected the football, it started for a few seconds and then I got a flash of an error message so quick I couldn't read it. The screen went back to the TV guide and now it's frozen with no buttons on my remote having any effect. 

Had to resort to killing the mains.

Add it to the list with older Roku devices!

Fi88

I am having this problem since yesterday as well. Everything free to air works but anything else using now tv won’t work. I’ve tried to reset and reconnect and nothings works 

DJ54
Advocate

We have the same problem.  Been trying to contact NowTV since Friday, can't reach them via telephone or on line chat.  Non of the 'troubleshooting' helps. We are sure its something to do with the update.  

MrsB1
Observer

I did the update as well @DJ54, what a pain!

DJ54
Advocate

It's absolutely appalling.  That you can't contact them via telephone, online or a chat.  Been without TV since Friday!!
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @DJ54 

What playback device are you using ?

Did you try the web form on the link that i posted to send NOW a message ?

The green chat online button works for me also on the same link.

If live chat doesn't work try a different internet browser.

Or alternatively send them an email using the email address on this screen shot below.

youdoodle-2020-05-11T14-12-50Z.jpg

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @DJ54 

Are you using a LG Smart TV with the native inbuilt NOW App or something like a Roku Player connected to your television ?

No telephone number for TV Pass customers, where your best option is to either get in touch with live chat or send them a message using the web form on this linked page below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint