cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
starman73
Expert 3

Re: No live sports - subscription extension?

Some companies are really looking after customers right now and we will remember which ones do and don’t!

I won’t.  I will just look at who makes the best offer at the time regardless. And inevitably Now TV will provide movies, sports and entertainment cheaper than Sky or BT or Virgin.  Besides In my opinion Now TV is doing pretty well with movies and entertainment right now and sport is simply outside their control.

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm sure they will terminate my sky sports pass on June 9th as 'My Account' shows. However what I purchased was a 'Sky Sports Season Pass' which was targeted specifically at Football fans for the 19/20 Premier league season.

The season is not finished, it's supposed to resume on June 12th. I feel like they should automatically extend every purchase to resume coverage if and when the season returns.

But I don't believe for a moment they will.

Theres money to be made. I'm sure somewhere in the small print there's an easy get out clause for them, also they know we'll have no choice but to buy again if we want to watch. A case of show me the money. 

I'd love you to prove me wrong Sky Sports/Now TV. 

0 Thanks
Saint1976
Elite 2

@Anonymous User there's rumours that the PL want to put a lot of the fixtures on terrestrial television to 'lift the mood of the nation'. If that happens, sky won't be in a position to make money!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think you’re exactly right. The values companies subscribe to have been clearly shown in this crisis. Some companies have done wonderful things and their business/brand will be better for it, others not.
0 Thanks
starman73
Expert 3

rumours that the PL want to put a lot of the fixtures on terrestrial television to 'lift the mood of the nation'. If that happens, sky won't be in a position to make money!

BT & Sky still get the fixtures that they are contracted for, so all the top 6 games plus relegation battle. Will be just mid-table games elsewhere.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

And there's still no word despite there being a restart date penciled in by the prem. Also, it seems we have no way of reasonably contacting anyone from now/sky sports to discuss with them what they're intending to do.

You can't tell me that there's no way they couldn't enable (or continued to run) the 'chat' function to give their customers a line of communication, they just don't want us to be able to get in touch to demand answrrs and or resolution.

At the very least they should be emailing everyone who purchased an affected package to tell them what they intend to do.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also have the Now Tv Season Ticket pass. On 5th May Now Tv sent me an email stating my Pass will be extended for another  month , free of  charge. This is also indicated on my Bills & Payments page, where it says I will pay £0.00 on 2nd June for a Sky Sports Month Pass. The email also said unless Now Tv get in touch with further extensions (I predict they will), the Pass will auto renew in July for £33.99. I think for the time being, this is clear enough .

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agree totally. It’s pretty poor in terms of customer service. Thanks for getting in touch and hope you are well!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had the same email on 12 May, however nothing since the resumption of the league was officially announced. My season pass in My Account says 'next offer will start on 9 June', so I'm assuming that is the auto-renewal indicated in the email. Thanks NOWTV, fingers crossed!

JonnyB147
Scholar

I don't get all the negative comments. I got in touch with NOW TV and told them I had two months still to go on a three month deal and they got back to me after about a week, and they were apologetic about the delay, and gave me two one-month sport passes without question which will expire in 2025!!! I think it must be the tone when people complain they would rather not get in touch with generic Mr. Angry. Surely people can see that if you're nice then people are nice to you. Just saying. No complaints NOW TV. Keep up the good work. Stay safe everyone.