cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gorrillion
Occasional Poster

Month pass duration

Hi , I have my nowtv account set up and have bought a 1 month sports voucher from Currys , I know the duration of the pass is 1 month but does that mean 4 calendar weeks (like from the monday of the first week to the monday of the fifth week) .. or does it mean from the (for example) 6th of june to 6th of july .. there is a difference between these 2 durations and i'm wondering if anyone can help me out with the answer

0 Thanks
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sparkydread
Contributor 1

Re: Month pass duration

ive just activated one, and it says on account, valid till 29 april

12 Replies
sparkydread
Contributor 1

ive just activated one, and it says on account, valid till 29 april

gorrillion
Occasional Poster

thanks for that , so i'm guessing that if it says valid till 29th april then it would run out at midnight on the 28th ? .. or would it mean INCLUDING the 29th ? 

0 Thanks
Mark_Weinreb
Advocate 5

@gorrillion If you activated your pass at 12:13 today, it will expire at 12:13 on April 29. You might get a few minutes grace, but no more than that.

starman73
Regular 1

@Mark_Weinreb wrote:

@gorrillion If you activated your pass at 12:13 today, it will expire at 12:13 on April 29. You might get a few minutes grace, but no more than that.

Is that definitely the case for a month pass?

I have seen the hours remaining on a day pass and it probably is true of a week pass as well, though it has been a while since I used one. But on all the renewable monthly passes I would be surprised if the original time was recorded and it renewed at exactly the same time every month. 

I am going to start a monthly pass tomorrow at noon.  Maybe I can remember to check on 30 April to see what happens...

0 Thanks
GaryL
Regular 4

@starman73 wrote:

@Mark_Weinreb wrote:

I have seen the hours remaining on a day pass and it probably is true of a week pass as well, though it has been a while since I used one. But on all the renewable monthly passes I would be surprised if the original time was recorded and it renewed at exactly the same time every month. 

I am going to start a monthly pass tomorrow at noon.  Maybe I can remember to check on 30 April to see what happens...

Has been my experience it is pretty much down to the minute 

0 Thanks
starman73
Regular 1

@GaryL wrote:

@starman73 wrote:

@Mark_Weinreb wrote:

Has been my experience it is pretty much down to the minute 

OK I will see what happens

From https://www.nowtv.com/terms

"You can also track how much viewing time you have left of either your 24 hour or 7 day access period"  but nothing on monthly passes.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Onelastrequest
Contributor 2

Would very much doubt that it runs through to the same hour that you started it. 

I can confirm that the pass lasts a full month regardless of how many days in the month. So if you applied it today for instance, it would run until 11:59pm on the 28th of April. Just a warning though for anyone who doesn’t know, the pass will say until the 29th but that’s actually the day your pass automatically renews! So if you don’t want to continue paying, you will need to cancel it any time BEFORE the ‘end’ date. 

gorrillion
Occasional Poster

nice one , thank you

0 Thanks
ClockEnd
Advocate 1

@Onelastrequest wrote:

...cancel it any time BEFORE the ‘end’ date. 

Agreed. Cancel it the moment you buy it.

This has two benefits.

1. You don’t forget 
  2. You get a retention offer - however then you do need to remember to cancel at some point.
0 Thanks