cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mentor

Re: Have NowTV reduced the Frame Rate for Sports with a Boost Pass on other Devices ?

I’m getting exactly the same it’s 25fps on all channels via now tv despite having now tv boost. Not what I paid for in the slightest. Has anyone contacted now tv about this? 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Re: Have NowTV reduced the Frame Rate for Sports with a Boost Pass on other Devices ?

Hi all, glad you have the same issues. This is starting to do my head in, we had the weird shaded box in the left hand corner during the premier league on the 28th Sep and now the fps has blatantly disappeared. I appreciate there is a longstanding youview issue but I'm just on the normal NowTV stick. I know it's only £3 for the boost but it does feel like they are taking the mick a little bit here out of their customers.

Is there any route to get refunds other than the chat?

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

At this moment

main event - poor quality

Premier league - what i expect to pay for

Football - poor quality 

Cricket - what i expect to pay for

And so on

Couldn't watch the Belgium game because of all the rigmarole on Sunday.

What a farce

Highlighted
Mentor

Might as well watch it on a dodgy stream,,waste of money this

Highlighted
Mentor

The current picture quality on Sky Sports Football and Sky Sports Main Event is defnitely a 25fps stream even with a boost pass.

The Scotland game on Sky Sports Premier League is a good quality 1080p 50fps stream on Roku Streaming Stick+

The England game on Sky Sports Main Event is a poor quality jerky 25fps stream.

The Wales game on Sky Sports Football is a poor quality jerky 25fps stream.

NowTV really need go get their act together.  It is unacceptable to charge extra for the Boost pass and not deliver the 50fps stream that this is supposed to deliver.

What is the official word from NowTV regarding these issues.  Customers should be receiving compensation for the failure to deliver the service that Boost customers have paid for.

Highlighted
Mentor

Have noticed this too, a pain.

Watching the England game now on my now TV smart box (4k) and it's really low quality and frames, the sound keeps going in and out too? Not sure if anybody else is having sound issues 

0 Thanks
Highlighted

@Zibb wrote:

Have noticed this too, a pain.

Watching the England game now on my now TV smart box (4k) and it's really low quality and frames, the sound keeps going in and out too? Not sure if anybody else is having sound issues 

Audio stream stopped briefly.

its PCM Stereo rather than Dolby.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

Same here. Few weeks ago I bought a now tv stick, as they don't provide 50fps on youview anymore (who knows for how long). After the weekend, when nowtv wasn't working at all and couldn't watch any game, today I see the frame rate is 25fps on my nowtv stick as well. Pathetic. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Expert 3

All

This isn't just a NowTV issue, this is a sky wide issue as it's also bring discussed on the sky community.

Screenshot_20201014-203637.jpg

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar

Watching sports now on a Sammy smart tv and the Stream is showing as 4830 but on movies and other channels its showing as 7831 and i have a HD boost pass.

Bet they do not refund for HD boost passes.

0 Thanks