cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Have NowTV reduced the Frame Rate for Sports with a Boost Pass on other Devices ?

Just switched on and tested both my NowTV 4K box and Roku Stick Plus and whilst watching Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Football and from my eyes the frame rate looks like 25fps and not 50fps with my Boost Pass (might be my eyes playing tricks on me) but the two streams look poor in comparison from yesterday.

i wonder if NowTV have throttled back the frame rate on our devices (like the Youview boxes) since all the complainants during the England League of Nations match the other night ?

I have checked my Cinema and Entertainment pass and it still looks fine at 1080p to me so i doubt it's an issue with my Boost Pass on my account.

48 Replies
Highlighted
Advocate

Re: Have NowTV reduced the Frame Rate for Sports with a Boost Pass on other Devices ?

I'm watching the Germany Switzerland match on sky sports football channel thru the nowtv app on my youview box and agree the frame rate appears 25fps - poor quality! Getting fed up with second rate video quality from Nowtv

Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Have NowTV reduced the Frame Rate for Sports with a Boost Pass on other Devices ?

Hi @Woody5 

The Youview boxes have been throttled back to 25fps for a month or two now 😠.

I can't use my Youview box because of the above, but luckily i have other devices to fall back on.

The streams on my NowTV 4K box and Roku Stick Plus which normally gives a smooth detailed picture at 50fps with fast moving action looks horrendous tonight like you expect with 25fps.

Highlighted
Expert 3

@schnapps there's lots of comments related to the England v Belgium match where replies from NowTV have stated there is an ongoing issue with boost passes at the moment.

Screenshot_20201013-203149.jpg

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Saint1976 

It's not buffering or poor picture quality that i am seeing, but the frame rate has been definitely reduced to 25fps to my eyes (maybe to combat the complainants from the England v Belgium game where perhaps NowTV have identified an issue with 50fps with Boost) though if they have throttled back the frame rate i wished they was upfront and honest about it to their customers.

Hopefully it's not happening to everyone.

Highlighted
Expert 3

@schnapps I just put the Switzerland v Germany game on. 720p at best and 25fps! I'm guessing it's being throttled for everyone. 

No service status announcement. I thought after the last couple of outages and subsequent announcements they were getting better with them.

Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Saint1976 

I have flagged this thread up with a NowTV Staff Member.

Highlighted
Mentor

I have the exact same issue on my Roku Streaming Stick+

Why are we paying the extra for the Boost pass when NowTV cannot deliver the service that the Boost pass promises.  This is incredibly poor and even poorer that the issue isn't even acknowledged anywhere as it is clearly affecting more than just YouView boxes. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

It looks like a dodgy stream,not very impressed,dreading the England game tomorrow after the last few days farce

0 Thanks
Highlighted

this is definitely the case. i'm using ps4 with boost and the stream appears to now be throttled on the nowtv side. obviously nowtv is the only streaming service with problems. also the only service to charge extra for HD which is can't deliver. customer service an absolute catastrophe with this company. 

make sure you request full refund for the whole month. I'm going to request refund for boost,  sky sports and entertainment...all the things which they couldn't deliver but i'm paying for. 

0 Thanks