cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert 2

GAA On Demand?

Are the GAA games available on demand?  Can’t search for the game at the weekend and it was only broadcast once clashing with premier league game. Search doesn’t help.

0 Thanks
18 Replies
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: GAA On Demand?

Hi @SweetBlitz 

No Rugby Union either 😠😠😠.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Expert 2

@schnapps yes, strange no rugby union either.  Maybe if England had played barbarians then there would have been rugby union on demand.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @SweetBlitz 

If the GAA games are not uploaded to the NowTV video on demand service within 48 to 72 hours then i doubt they will be on NowTV Sports VOD 😠.

I enjoy my Rugby Union and wanted to follow the Mitre 10 cup competition in New Zealand and because the majority of the games are on around 3am to 6am and not repeated at anytime during the week at more sociable times by Sky, then i have missed them and spoilt me following this competition 😠.

It's not only the Mitre 10, but the recent New Zealand v Australia tests where not available on VOD (though for these two games i managed to get my backside out of bed at 3am in the early hours in the morning to watch them and suffered through the rest of the day with sleep deprivation).

I flagged this up with NowTV Team Management about why no Rugby Union and they never came back to me to even to say we don't have VOD rights for Rugby Union with the rights holder.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Expert 2

@schnapps GAAGO don't have UK rights for GAA games on Sky.  RTE don't either.  So Sky have exclusive rights and only show the Dublin game at the same time as the Manchester United game.  And given that pretty much half of Dublin support both it is odd that the GAA game did not have a re-run. I mistakenly watched the football as generally avoiding a GAA score is easier.

Anyway, won't make that mistake next weekend. Will watch Cork v Waterford live. Fortunately it is on long before France v Ireland, though Liverpool v West Ham is squeezed in between the two for half of Ireland.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Expert 2

@schnapps 

Early start for you...

... late night for me.

Sat 31/10/2020 08:45
Rugby Union Australia v New Zealand
Rugby Championship
Sky Sports Arena

Sat 31/10/2020 12:30 Football
Sheffield United v Man City
Premier League
BT Sport 1 / BT Sport Ultimate

Sat 31/10/2020 12:30 Football
Bristol City v Norwich City
Championship
Sky Sports Main Event / Sky Sports Football

Sat 31/10/2020 13:15 GAA Monaghan v Cavan Ulster GAA Football Senior Championship Sky Sports Mix

Sat 31/10/2020 13:30 GAA Westmeath v Kerry Joe McDonagh Cup GAAGO

Sat 31/10/2020 14:00 GAA Carlow v Antrim Joe McDonagh Cup GAAGO

Sat 31/10/2020 14:15
Rugby Union Wales v Scotland
Six Nations
BBC 1

Sat 31/10/2020 15:30 GAA Cork v Waterford Munster GAA Hurling Senior Championship Sky Sports Mix

Sat 31/10/2020 15:45 GAA Dublin v Kilkenny Leinster GAA Hurling Senior Championship GAAGO

Sat 31/10/2020 16:45
Rugby Union Italy v England
Six Nations
ITV 1

Sat 31/10/2020 17:00 Football
Hearts v Hibernian
Scottish FA Cup Semi-Final
BBC Scotland / BBC iPlayer / Premier Sports 2 / BBC Sport Website

Sat 31/10/2020 17:20 Football
Hartlepool United v Torquay United
National League
BT Sport 1

Sat 31/10/2020 17:30 Football
Liverpool v West Ham
Premier League
Sky Sports Main Event / Sky Sports Premier League

Sat 31/10/2020 18:15 GAA Galway v Wexford Leinster GAA Hurling Senior Championship GAAGO

Sat 31/10/2020 19:00 GAA Waterford v Limerick Munster GAA Football Senior Championship GAAGO

Sat 31/10/2020 20:00
Rugby Union France v Ireland
Six Nations
BBC 1

Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @SweetBlitz 

It's th Rugby Union games in New Zealand or in Argentina  that causes me the problem because of the time difference.

No problem getting up around 8am to watch the Australia v New Zealand for the next two tests games or watching any Super Rugby matches that are hosted in South Africa or Australia.

Looking forward to the final round of the six Nations (though my team Wales are way out of the running with a poor campaign 😠).

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Expert 2

Found it with the search on the Now TV stick.  But not obvious how to get it any other way.  Not showing on normal on demand screen on iPad.

F44F8FDA-7182-46B8-B4FE-F9929301046E.jpeg

368A6A92-B3A7-484B-AFD9-367683CED3D2.jpeg6733C9B5-DADD-411B-9732-510E383FB898.jpeg2AA533F4-EEBC-4F16-9AD5-994BD72950E6.jpeg

Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @SweetBlitz 

Thanks for the heads up 👍.

Well spotted, i found three Mitre 10 Rugby Games by using the search feature with the * Star button on the remote or the search box towards the bottom of the home screen page.

However the search didn't work when using the voice remote or the hidden search tab by pressing the back button on the remote which is the search method i normally tend to use.

I wished NowTV mentioned this when i complained about no Rugby Union on VOD where i have missed the first 7 rounds of this competition 😠😠😠.

Like you said there is no option to find these games by going to Sports VOD on my tablet or smartphone via the NowTV App which would be the most obvious method to seek out these games.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

On my NowTV 4K Smart Box i can only find three Mitre 10 rugby games on Video on Demand when using the search workaround which @SweetBlitz kindly found.

Where if i use the search feature on the NowTV App on my Android Tablet i can't find no results, where when i use the search feature on the NowTV App on my Youview box i can find eight Mitre 10 games

@Simon-J can you explain the inconsistency across different devices and why isn't Rugby Union one of the categories if you can find rugby union VOD games when searching on certain devices ?

Edit - Just tried my NowTV 4K box again and for some reason it now shows the eight games identical to my Youview Box NowTV App (still no results when using my Android Tablet NowTV App).

Wished somebody from NowTV would have suggested this workaround about 6 to 8 weeks ago when i questioned why there was no Rugby Union VOD category where i missed two thirds of the Mitre 10 competition 😠😠😠.

0 Thanks