cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mrphil
Scholar

Frame rate Sky Sports F1

Just signed up for Boost hoping that with a 1080p change there might be a decent frame rate for F1. Tried the channel showing a rerun of the Brazil race, nope still a horrible juddery mess, but now it’s in 1080p.

Who makes these decisions?!? Obviously someone at Sky thinks they are some kind of commercial genius coming up with this, but actually it’s just absurd.

5 Replies
N8te
Mentor

Re: Frame rate Sky Sports F1

I agree, Sky Sports F1 is one of the channels definitely in need of the increased frame rate. I know the Main event channel is 50fps now and a lot of the time the races are shown on there, but it doesn't excuse the dedicated F1 channel still being in 25fps.

Hopefully this will be "fixed" before the new season starts. 

0 Thanks
RoyB Legend 5
Legend 5

@N8te @mrphil 

NowTV have stated their intention to go 50 fps on (some?) other Sports channels in the future.

So well worth voicing this to get F1 high on the list.

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’.
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks
mrphil
Scholar

So having checked Main Event, that channel is silky smooth and looks amazing! Please NowTV, give us 50 FPS on F1 channel, the big panning shots of this sport mean the frame rate deficiency is all too apparent. 

0 Thanks
Enapace
Mentor

There is only one race left of the season expect NowTV will be able to get 50FPS for the F1 Sports channel by the start of the 2020 Season. They have started rolling it out and likely prioritised football as it has wider appeal but can't see why the F1 channel couldn't get as well.

0 Thanks
moftot
Advocate

Sadly I missed that it wasn't available for F1 so I wasted 15 quid on trying to watch F1 live this past weekend. Horrible picture quality, video full of jagged lines, lots of Moiré effects etc.

I would only sign up to a F1 2020 Season Pass if this is fixed for 2020, but then how does one test this before committing to the entire season without paying a portion twice? Ideally, there should be a 1 day F1 trial pass.

0 Thanks