cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Baarty
Mentor

Re: F1 season pass 2021

The dodgy IPTV services are getting very good these days with picture quality and reliability if you find a good one and they're generally about £10 a month. I prefer to pay for legitimate services nowadays as I can afford it but when I was struggling the pirates did just grand.

The best way to play the now TV game is cancellation. Whenever I cancel I usually get offered a deal to stay, a bit like what happens with Sky. Been on a 19.99 sports deal recently for a number of months. I cancelled that completely as I had some vouchers to use from ages ago. No doubt there will be a deal again soon enough.

Worth noting as well, for a while there have been £25 month passes available at the likes of Curry's. Not sure of it's still a thing today but last year I always got those as a last resort to avoid paying full whack.

0 Thanks
SweetBlitz
Expert 2

No vouchers at Currys anymore.  Some sticks with sport at Argos, but limited stock and retailing at £40.

I would sell my vouchers, but they are non-transferable.

Max72
Scholar

Hi. I am with you on this...is either going to be a season pass (at good price) or not going to watch it...they have to understand this, nobody  (or few) is going to pay for a season with little if none car changes probably going to be like the previous one.

Max72
Scholar

They better understand prices must be carefully placed...few are going to pay high fees for a season going to be similar previous one as little car changes...

KartPlayRide
Mentor

Totally agree - it's a massive difference when you compare the price of F1TVPro to the cost of a monthly Sports pass at full price.  It makes even the Day Pass look expensive.

I just refuse point blank to pay for a full price Sports Month pass just to watch F1. 

If they offer an F1 Pass, I'd buy it and they'll make some money from me. 

Failing that, I would rather watch it delayed on Channel 4 or get it on one of the foreign channels (Russia/Austria) over a VPN and listen to 5 Live for commentary.  It's their loss if they refuse to offer a discounted pass for the F1 Season.

Enapace
Expert 2

@KartPlayRide 

In fairness the F1 TV Pro isn't even in 1080p 50FPS yet meant be coming for start of season and it doesn't have any TV Apps so until it does have both of those it's not comparable for me yes it's cheaper but does it offer the same quality or ease of use no and regardless it doesn't matter Sky have the exclusive rights till 2024. 

0 Thanks
KartPlayRide
Mentor

Yes, completely true - and for some they'll pay the high prices for the 1080 viewing etc..

The point is that a lot of other people will find alternate ways of watching F1 if that's all they're interested in, and are not that bothered about the 1080 - rather than paying for the full price monthly sports pass.  Surely it's not difficult for NowTV to understand that.

In addition, Sky are actually only charging £18 for the F1 channel - but it assumes that you're already a Sky customer with other channels.   Again, I'm not interested in a Sky package, so can't have that.

So if Sky can offer that price for F1, why can't NowTV offer the F1 channel for £18 rather than all the other sport channels included ?   It's just greed.

doppelganger
Expert

This years debate is much the same as last years.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Everything-Sports/F1-2020-on-NowTV-What-do-we-want/m-p/550470#M3020

I still have an F1 season budget cap that Sky continue to exceed.

Mind you, 23 (19 max IMO) races plus the (silly IMO) sprint races, all with Croft's dismal  commentary. Sky's coverage is stale too as are most of the presenting team - it has been for a few years.

Most importantly - RIP Murray.

0 Thanks
SweetBlitz
Expert 2

why can't NowTV offer the F1 channel for £18 rather than all the other sport channels included ? 

Sky don't just offer the sports channels without having to buy an entertainment pack.

Reality is it costs £43/month to just watch F1 on Sky.  With email offers it is only £20/month on Now TV.  Just £2/month more and you get all the sports channels.

italicBus
Mentor

There's a thread on the F1 subreddit discussing options for the new season.

Assuming Now TV don't offer a F1 Season Pass, and you want to watch Q + R (but not every Friday practice session) you can cover all the races with 7 carefully timed month pass purchases.

Total of £237.93 or £258.93 with Boost. 

Of course, keep in mind the calendar as set now is probably not the one that we are going to end up seeing this year...

0 Thanks