Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: F1 season pass 2021

Hi @TheGiantHogweed 

Perhaps this linked below NOW maximum streaming quality table will help ?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-highest-streaming-quality-for-my-device 

0 Thanks
SweetBlitz
Expert 2

If it isn't 720p by default like it used to be (still not good), I think I will not accept it. It is just ridiculous.

it is 720p by default.   Main reason I use Now TV over Virgin.  Though I also get boost for sport as it is worth the extra £2/month (retention offer).

0 Thanks
IanH64
Mentor

Cancellation is pretty simple and they soon get around to start offering you discounts. Its worth the minute answering the couple of questions. Last years season, after cancelling a few full price passes, we were down to £25/month then £19.99/month without asking. All for a minute or so's work. Whether that happens again this year is anyone's guess, but I've based my costings on it not happening and if it does its an extra bonus.

First thing I do after paying for the pass is cancel it. Then I don't have to remember to cancel it before it accidentally rolls over. So no risk in forgetting.

Paying month on month also reduces the risk of paying 6 months up front and the F1 schedule changing.  Last year with the F1 season pass, NowTV were proactive in fully refunding, but if you get a general sports pass and only F1 is affected, I don't think they will be so accommodating because they could argue that you still got benefit from other sports, even if you don't watch anything other than F1.

0 Thanks
Habib
Advocate

They are definitely not being fair, a quick look on the Ofcom website:

"Telling customers when their initial deal is up, and the best deal. Under new Ofcom rules
announced last month, broadband, phone and TV customers must be told when their contract is
coming to an end, and shown the best deals available, from February next year. Out-of-contract
customers will have to be given reminders and shown the best deals every year. This will help people take advantage of the wide choice of offers available. With more than 20 million customers having passed their initial contract period, we believe this could have a significant positive impact"

0 Thanks
Abs3
Mentor

@Habib that is interesting,

so if I'm reading this correctly (https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/media/media-releases/2019/firms-must-tell-customers-abou... the new rules came in to effect Feb 2020, as nowtv has given out £20 deals to "select" customers then the £25 deal given to the masses is not the best deal? 

I think I will complain for the sake of it, the cost to now tv to justify will be mildly satisfying. 

0 Thanks
Saint1976
Elite 2

@Abs3 @Habib OFCOM rules would not apply. Now is not a contracted service. You are not fixed to a term length and you can leave the service anytime.

Those rules are for those who are contracted and their contact is due to expire.

0 Thanks
Abs3
Mentor

@Saint1976  ah ok seems about right now you mention it 👍. Although I'm pretty sure I pay a month at a time. I am being pedantic yes 😁

Tbf I'm going to go get a little black box instead 👍

0 Thanks
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Abs3 

For TV memberships NOW has never introduced a contract. 
All you do is either in the past is pay £xxx up front for bulk purchasing at a discount or you get a monthly discount to pay for 3/6/9 months, but your always welcome to cancel whenever you want without a “cancellation fee”. The issue with bulk paying in advance is that you’ll need to keep your membership active to take full advantage of the £xxx paid up front. 

The only part of NOW that involves contracts is for broadband services.

0 Thanks
TheGiantHogweed
Advocate

@IanH64 

The problem with cancelling this £25 per month deal though is that it expires early in april, so you won't be able to get the next few months at this price if you cancel and you can't guarantee that it will be £19.99 either. I myself found cancelling a nightmare. Going through around 10 pages with hard to find buttons and so much promotion trying to get back in. The 6 month deal currently looks the best value including paying for 2 more months after that and 2 day passes for the final race. If you just want qualifying and the race anyway. I think I will go with this. I still need to calculate if I buy this deal today or tomorrow to make sure the 6 months covers the race on sunday at Russia on september the 26th.

0 Thanks
Habib
Advocate

non the less, NOW TV does not automatically cancel after the expired promotion period, and it carries on at the so called normal rate, the same as when a contract expires and it carries on at the normal rate, regardless the offer is not fair as different customers and new customers are being given a fairer deal than others. I've contacted OFCOM and my local trading standards, and also sought insight from Money Saving Expert. Will keep you guys posted 🙂

0 Thanks