cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pete83
Advocate

Re: F1 season pass 2021

@hinz If you had to do the 11th April-11th October that would also be ok for the same price. Would that work?

0 Thanks
hinz
Mentor

@Pete83 yep actually your right that would be fine. Japanese GP is on the 10th Oct and then the next race is not until late October so you could subscribe again at that point for £33.99 per month for two months. 

have to say though I’m still super annoyed at the price difference and certain offers being made available to a select few. Makes my blood boil

not sure if I’ll be signing up

IanH64
Mentor

I can't get the 6 months pass to work cheaper than I can get the full monthly passes, and thats without the possibility of an offer down the line as happened last year when cancelling a monthly pass.

From quick calculations, but being cautions with pass end dates.

I can do all the races less 2 days of practice but benefitting from the free Channel 4 coverage for British GP. This requires 7 monthly passes, total cost around £238.

26/03-25/04, 30/04-29/05, skip BAKU practice 05/06-04/07, Channel4 18/07=British GP, 30/7-29/08, Skip dutch GP practice 04/09-03/10, 08/10-07/11, 19/11-18/12

if I use 6 months at £25/month, but starting first quali of the opener, I need an additional 3 monthly passes to cover the shortfall, total cost around £252.

6m=Skip Sakhir practice 27/03-26/09, 1m=01/10-31/10, 05/11-04/12, 05/12-04/01

I am sure there are other versions

IMHO, practice and qualy of season opener is probably some of the most interesting sessions.

0 Thanks
jonny2018
Mentor

Here we are again, another F1 season, another mickey mouse situation having to buy one pass one month, hop on one leg, buy a different pass next month, hop on other leg.

Why do NowTV treat customers so badly, some get £20/month e-mail, some get £25/month on web others get only £33/month standard.

Would it not be in the best interests to have one fair priced pass for F1 for the whole season or a monthly F1 pass without all the other channels that most F1 fans don't care for?

Twc003
Advocate

I think it’s disgusting. I only want to watch F1, did a live chat with now tv last week and they assured me there would be an F1 pass offer today, I don’t hold out much hope, but how can some people get 9 month for £20 and other not get the deal? What an absolute con! 

jonny2018
Mentor

Live chat are a waste of time and space, spent an hour messing around with them earlier today, after they collect your details keep you waiting for 5 mins and disconnect you, start again, give all details, can only give the £25 month offer and say £20 is by e-mail only, collect all details again, verify your account security and check that you on generic e-mail offers list, still can't give the £20/month offer and ask you to wait for an e-mail for £20 if your lucky.

Customer non-service at its very finest.

0 Thanks
Twc003
Advocate

Yup I agree total waste of time! 

0 Thanks
Harry77
Scholar

Hi
If you look how now tv treat there customers it’s quite obvious they don’t have any customer care at all.They have a complete monopoly of F1 at the moment so they don’t care.

Harry
TheGiantHogweed
Advocate

As I find NowTV one of the most painful things to cancel, I don't want to be doing that so many times over the year, so if the cost difference is only a few pounds with this 6 month deal, i would just about accept that.

From my calculations, if you buy this 6 months rolling deal at the latest moment, you will just about be able to cover the Russian Grand Prix weekend. This adds up to £150, but may involve skipping the practice sessions of the first race or miss the Russian grand prix (my maths is bad though)

Then if you buy a month pass on the 1st of October, this will cover 4 races including in Mexico on the 31st of October. So far, you are at £183.99.

The following month pass should be bought as this guide suggests:

https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comments/lxfz1y/now_tv_2021_f1_season_uk/

On Saturday the 6th of November (just enough to cover the main sessions of this weekends race) to the 5th of December which just covers this weekend too. Now at £217.98. At this point you only have Abu Dhabi left. IMO, it won't be worth buying a month pass and it often isn't a very interesting race anyway unless the championship is still open. Anyway, with 2x £9.99 for qualifying and the race, it ads up to £237.96.

I would say that is worth it as you won't need to go through the cancelling procedure much during the first 6 months. That is horrible to deal with. You go through about 10 pages of them asking you questions on why you want to cancel with huge buttons trying to make you buy a deal again and making cancelling a complicated process. They then send you emails with links to buy it again for several days after. I want to cancel as few times as possible, even if it costs a tiny bit more.

0 Thanks
TheGiantHogweed
Advocate

One thing that does confuse me is the bullet points about the month membership compared to adding NowTV Boost.

https://www.nowtv.com/choose-passes/sky-sports/existing-boost

It says NowTV Boost is 1080p, which I believe is correct. But it says the standard sports month membership deal is standard definition! Is that true?? Standard definition when there was 1080I on freeview over a DECADE ago on free to air channels like channel 4 that technically didn't even require you to pay the BBC TV licence fee.

1080p should be the default now for any sort of pay TV. If it isn't 720p by default like it used to be (still not good), I think I will not accept it. It is just ridiculous.

0 Thanks