cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GrumpyDonkey
Scholar 2

Re: F1 2020 on NowTV. What do we want?

As it's only a £3 increase on last year will get it for another year, although will wait until next Thursday to order as there is nothing until Practice that is really worth watching.

sneaker
Mentor

I have bought the season pass for the last 2 years but with the threat of more races being cancelled i think this time i'll be buying the monthly/weekly option instead.

My only worry is that Currys might put up the price of the passes during the F1 season and i don't want to buy them all now.

0 Thanks
Adamstocks
Scholar

As much as I'd like to be tight and save that £40 with the Passes from Curry's - £4.40/month (over the 9 months) is justifiable in order to not have to scramble around putting new redemption codes into the tele every other race.

Life's pretty busy and I know full well I'll be running into the house 20 seconds before the race starts, and if I then have to put in a code and miss the start of the race - I'll be cursing myself.

I spoke with NowTV support and they've said if more races were cancelled they would look at a partial refund for the pass too, so win win.

0 Thanks
starman73
Expert 3

@sneaker suggested strategy or direct pass? 🙂

I'm gonna take a third way. Carry on with existing 3 month pass until mid May. See if I get a decent retention offer or email offer or offer on the site. If not, use some day/week passes until a good offer comes up (£20/month or less).

No way am I going to pay close to £200 up front. Bound to miss a lot of sport in the summer anyway as I will be in sunnier climes, coronavirus permitting. 

0 Thanks
RobM3
Advocate

Quick question. I got this pass last year but not for F1 but for the fact you get all the sports channels and it is good value for money. Currently I have a 3 month pass which ends on April 22nd and the F1 deal ends on April 1st. Can I cancel my other pass a little early then purchase the F1 pass?

0 Thanks
Adamstocks
Scholar

Rob, NowTV say the offer is valid up until 1st April - so you could subscribe after your current pass finishes

0 Thanks
RobM3
Advocate

OK. But my pass does not expire until the 22nd April. Wonder if I could buy the F1 pass before it expires so I get the deal from April 22nd onwards?

0 Thanks
RobM3
Advocate

Got my answer from NOW TV. As my current pass runs until April 22nd and the F1 pass offer ends on April 1st I can’t claim the offer.. oh well!

0 Thanks
sneaker
Mentor

Create a new account.

starman73
Expert 3

OK. But my pass does not expire until the 22nd April. Wonder if I could buy the F1 pass before it expires so I get the deal from April 22nd onwards?

May I suggest you try to get the offer on 25th March when you have less than 30 days left.  Often you can apply offers at that point.

Alternatively, cancel on 25th March and you will probably get a retention offer that may be better.

0 Thanks