cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mentor

Re: F1 2020 on NowTV. What do we want?

Last year it went on sale on Tuesday 5th March, with the first race on Sunday 17th March.

Highlighted
Advocate

Hopefully they bring back the cheaper pass that was available last year. I can't bring myself to pay £34 for 2 races every month. 

Highlighted
Advocate

surely u mean £190 for the season.

0 Thanks
Scholar

F1 lost 8.6 millions UK TV viewers last season due to this Sky exclusive deal. F1 are very displeased at this to say the least.

I'm sure Sky are under-pressue to address this for 2020. Sky has been lumping F1 in with other sports, both for Sky Sports subscriptions and for the NOW TV F1 season pass. I just don't think the F1 viewer demographic is an avid sports fan. I would like to see Sky/NOW TV split F1 out as a separate subscription and substantially reduce the cost to the viewer.

So I would like see Sky Sport F1 sold as a non-contracted single sport package and at a reasonable affordable price - say £100 for the season.

Certainly Sky/NOW TV need to think outside the box, take a risk and try something different!

Highlighted
Mentor

Just give me just the F1 channel please.

Had the 9 month pass for the last two years (£150,£190 - 26% increase!!!!), but can probably count on the fingers of one hand I watched any of the other channels. If it hits £200 this year then I'll have to find some other way of watching. Alternatively if it was say £100 for just the F1 channel, I'd quite happily pay that for the 9 months. 

Highlighted
Expert 3

You do just get the F1 channel.  You pay £190 for it for 9 months. And it is a devoted channel that  is on 24/7. You could watch it all day and night.  Even better a few of the races are on Sky One.  

I don't watch F1 so I want a reduction in what I pay.  I don't watch Golf either. Nor darts, nor rugby league. nor rugby union. Nor animals running around a track. Nor American sports. Nor fighting. Nor netball. Nor ping pong. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar

You don't just get the F1 channel - You essentially get 11 Sky Sports channels for 9 months for £190.

I totally agree with the previous statements, F1 is really the only sport I care about - £190 for the season was really the limit for me. If it's over £200 this time around I'll seriously consider finding other ways to watch it.

The cost of watching the sport at £150 (£16.66/month for 9 months) was fairly good value - That crept up to £21.11/month last year. Considering I watch 5-6 hours a month (quali and race) it starts to look poor value when I use Netflix for about 20+ hours a month and it costs £10/month with a much bigger selection.

Highlighted
Mentor

Eh? You get all the channels under that deal?

Assuming from the list you don't watch, that you're just after the footie? There was a similar 'season ticket' for the prem last year - @£190 for 9 months  - but you got all the channels. If it was available, given that you're not interested in anything else, if there was the option of 9 months of just Sky premier League for £100 - that wouldn't be a better option for you?

Highlighted
Scholar

Yep, for the last 2 years I got the F1 pass - it allowed me to watch any of the Sky Sports Channels on NowTV.

It'll be a development reason why it's like that. Easier to hack it and charge a one-off payment, and then give the subscriber a 9 month "Free-trial" before the start to get billed the usual £34/month - than it is to get the developers to create a bespoke plan that just gives people access to one channel.

...could also be that if people see the value of having access to all those channels, they might be more likely to continue paying the higher monthly fee.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar

And no not the footie lol - this thread is about F1. We just want access to the F1 channel.

Give me access to JUST that for £10/month and I'll continue subscribing throughout the year