Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Extension of 50fps on Sports Channels

Hi @lockmatt 

Unfortunately i haven't got a Samsung Smart television with the native NowTV App on it to check or test my end 😡.

Maybe other Samsung smart TV owners on the forum who have HD Boost & Sports can check out their end to see if they are encountering the same PQ on Sky F1 ?

Hopefully you are using an Ethernet connection between your Samsung TV & Router rather than relying on WiFi ? 

Where both my NowTV & Youview box is hard wired for a better and usually a more stable streaming experience compared to WiFi especially when using the NowTV service.

0 Thanks
lockmatt
Expert 2

@schnapps yep on a wired connection,just seems what ive seen on forums its the channels that are running the best boost picture,am i right in saying its premier league,main event and f1? i also find when football is on the main event is better than premier league channel regarding grainy looking

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @lockmatt 

Have a read of this thread about picture artefacts when using the HD Boost Pass on NowTV Sky Sports (this is the only one from memory that i chipped in on, but there is a couple more on the forum).

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Content-Issues-Missing-Episodes/Picture-quality-for-the-Spurs-Chelsea... 

Where i have noticed the above occasionally on different events mainly Sky Premier League & Main Event (not every match or sporting event where it was easy to spot for me on solid background colours like grass or the blue carpet floor when the World Darts was on Main Event).

If the same football match broadcast was on both Main Event & Premier League then one channel was apparently bad where the other channel was playing fine for me so i had to flick between both channels to find the channel without the picture artefacts.

Haven't seen it so much recently.

Yes at the moment 50fps on a Boost Pass is only available on Sky Sports Main Event, Premier League & F1 (except LG Smart Tv's).

Though i have a sneaky feeling that more existing Sky Sports channels will get the 50fps treatment with a HD Boost Pass in the near future on Boost supported devices (don't quote me on that just in case it doesn't materialise quickly).

Enapace
Expert 2

I think it is basically a guarantee that all the channels will transition over to 50FPS on boost devices just a matter of time as think pretty much any sports will benefit from the extra FPS. 

0 Thanks
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Looks like Sky Sports Football & Sky Sports Cricket has undergone the 50fps upgrade treatment 👍.

Well it looks like to my eyes anyway 😀.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Also looks like Sky Sports Golf can be added to the 50fps channel list 👍 (unless my eyes are playing tricks on me or i have discovered a magic setting on my television that makes 25fps watchable).

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Sky Sports Football, Cricket & Golf are now included with 50fps playback with a HD Boost Pass on supported devices.

Confirmed in this linked nowtv guide article below.

Fingers crossed the remaining sports channels that still streams at 25fps will follow shortly.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-highest-streaming-quality-for-my-device 

0 Thanks
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps 

Indeed, also confirmed on the 'Find out more about Sky Sport Pass' 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/getting-started-with-sky-sports

Watch 6 Sky Sports channels – Main Event, Premier League, F1, Football, Cricket and Golf – at 50 frames per second

Some slow progress being made with the 50fps, but still good to see more getting added. Now the remainder, add Red Button and Catch Up, then its an ideal alternative!

Still find it rather odd that LG TV is not part of the 50fps as it was the first smart TV to have Now TV on it, unless they are waiting for the full whack to be done?

Popeye13
Mentor

Any hope of the remaining channels going 50fps? It is afterall, 2021.

I think not offering 50fps for Sky Sports News, Arena, Action/NFL and MIX is pretty poor and it shoulld not be taking this long to make it happen. The last change (From the info within this thread) was March of 2020, and then nothing else has changed and that is a heck of a long time for nothing to move in offering 50fps on the reminder of services.

(Just left Sky and signed up on a 4 month offer for SS and really impressed with the quality thus far)

0 Thanks
Enapace
Expert 2

@Popeye13 

Hello I completely agree with you I was expecting 50FPS to be supported on all Sky Sports by now I expect the delay is due to the fact they were struggling with 50FPS support last year and then releasing on to new platforms and expanding red button. Hopefully we get 50FPS support on the remaining 5 channels this year and Sports on Demand properly integrated.