cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KernowChris
Scholar 3

Extension of 50fps on Sports Channels

We have ME and PL at 50fps. We're also promised more channels at 50fps this year. 

Can I suggest this occurs in the following order 

Four channels need this urgently 

F1

Golf

Cricket

Football 

Next 

Action 

Racing

Finally

the others

19 Replies
Enapace
Expert 2

Re: Extension of 50fps on Sports Channels

If the F1 Channel doesn't have 50FPS by start of new season they are making a mistake it will be a big difference and hopefully finally Apple TV update is out by then as well. I think for Golf it could make a fair difference as well.

0 Thanks
CwoolF1
Mentor

Hi mate, sky sports f1 is now 50 FPS change happened today. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @CwoolF1 

Well spotted 😆.

Looking good on the F1 channel with 50fps 👍.

Just need the remaining 8 number Sky Sports channels on NowTV to get the 50fps bump in picture quality 🙏.

Enapace
Expert 2

I'm so glad to see this has happened in time for the F1 season. Now I am really going have think about do I hold out hoping they have finally update AppleTV app and use boost on that or get one of there sticks and get boost that way as 1080p 50FPS is going be a big improvement. 

0 Thanks
lockmatt
Expert 2

grainy picture watching f1 channel on boost

0 Thanks
lockmatt
Expert 2

@schnapps hi..i find the picture going grainy and blurry while watching this channel

0 Thanks
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @lockmatt 

I will check out the Sky Sports F1 channel my end when using my NowTV 4K box and Youview box with my HD Boost Pass to see if i can see the same picture quality issues that you have noticed.

Give me an hour or so to check on my devices.

Wondering if it's the same background noise blocking artefacts that myself and others have noticed which we have reported to the NowTV Team on a few threads in the past when watching Main Event & Premier League with a HD Boost Pass ?

Out of curiosity what playback devices are you using with your HD Boost Pass watching Sky Sports F1 ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @lockmatt 

Just had a quick look on both my NowTV 4K Smart box and Youview box when watching the F1 Pre - Season Testing and there is a little haze or fog in the picture, but it might be the environment where they are testing ?

Couldn't see the background macro blocking / simmering of the picture like when watching the football sometimes with my HD Boost Pass, but with football it was more obvious to see where you have a constant green pitch in the background where you can see the pixels in the picture move and change different bands of colour shifts.

The picture is definitely 50fps though where motion is much smoother and there is more detail with the cars racing around the track.

If nobody else reports it on here, apart from trying a device & router reboot see if live chat can offer you some assistance on the matter.

Hope you get it sorted.

I will keep the Sky F1 channel on in the background on my television set just in case something changes for me with regards to PQ. 

lockmatt
Expert 2

watching on samsung smart tv