cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert 2

Re: Cannot watch premiership game.

Now TV advertise that all Premier league games are available

Now TV do NOT advertise that as there are games on BT Sport and Amazon.

You can get the Sky Box Office app on a Now TV stick and watch the game that way.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/tv-guide shows what is on Now TV on any particular day.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Gaztafari 

Sky and NowTV have never advertised that they have every single Premier League match on their Sky Sports Service.

Where under the billions of pounds that Sky pay the Premier League their contract agreement for the 2020 to 2021 season from what i believe is 146 number live Premier League games.

These extra games for £14.95 per a game behind the Pay per View pay wall on Sky Sports Box Office was never part of the 146 games.

If people are not happy about the £14.95 per game costs then you should be complaining to the Premier League and not Sky / NowTV or BT Sports, where it was the Premier League that instigated this PPV model for loss of gate attendance due to no crowds being permitted at the Premier League Football Grounds.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Before buying a NowTV Sports Pass for watching a Premier League Game coming up, then i would check if the game is firstly on the Sky Sports Service by either going to the Sky Sports website where there is a Sky Sports TV Guide or what i tend to do is use the TV Guide on the Sky + App that i have downloaded on to my smartphone and tablet to check what games are coming up over the week.

Should you be looking to buy a £14.95 per game Sky Sports Box Office event, then maybe have a read of this NowTV linked FAQ article below if you are not familiar with Sky Sports Box Office.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-sky-sports-box-office-events-on-now-tv 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

Dear Schnapps, thank you for your response. Now TV may not specifically publish they show every game, but they certainly imply it and as I had said in a previous response, it is a little misleading.

I am unfamiliar with all Pay per view platforms and this is the first time I have ever signed up for anything like this. Your response - If people are not happy about the £14.95 per game costs then you should be complaining to the Premier League and not Sky / NowTV or BT Sports  I find to be rude and unsympathetic, I have never complained about the cost and would pay the £14.99.....I'll not say happily but would pay nonetheless : >)

I (naively) thought and obviously misunderstood that all games were shown on the NowTV platform or at least have links to platforms not available through NowTV. Next time I will certainly look at the guides to see which games are available.

Your second response at 12:41 explained the process in more detail and for that I thank you. Perhaps next time you will not be too quick to judge peoples posts, familiarity with technology or willingness to pay.

Thanks again,

Gary

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Gaztafari 

Sorry if you thought that my first post came across rude which wasn't my intentions.

Where i was merely stating that Sky doesn't have the live broadcasting rights to every single Premier League game nor do they advertise this.

Also i was pointing out that it was the Premier League who wanted and pushed for the games that was never scheduled to be aired live on Sky / BT or Amazon Prime to be put on a Pay Per View model has a way of recouping lost revenue from gate receipts due to no fans being allowed in stadiums during Covid-19.

Anyway i am glad my second post was a little more helpful rather than my first post.

Here's a list of games coming up for the next week or two that will be either covered under the Sky Premier League channel (with a NowTV Sports Pass) or other matches through Sky Sports Box Office which would be under the £14.95 per game PPV model.

https://www.skysports.com/premier-league-fixtures 

Highlighted
Mentor

Hi Schnapps, no worries, emails can be misconstrued sometimes. Thanks for the links for the info re: Sky upcoming games.

Gary

Highlighted
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This trend of putting premier league games on sky box office is unfair and a rip off. If you are paying a monthly subscription to watch the games then you should not be asked to pay £ 15, on top of subscription, to watch the game you would have seen as part of subscription last season! All the games I want to watch are now on sky box office! I will be cancelling my pass 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Expert 2

trend of putting premier league games on sky box office is unfair and a rip off

It is.  They just announced November games and for possibly the first time ever neither Liverpool nor Manchester United are on subscription TV on weekend of 21/22 Nov.  Yet Sheffield United v West Ham is.    Also Arsenal only have one selection over three weekends. 

Unlike last season pre-covid there is no longer a game of the day on Saturday evening and no 25 minutes highlights broadcast nor on demand.

Before too long the big games will all be on pay per view.

0 Thanks