cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UncleZen
Occasional Poster

Blurred Tv pictures on sky F1

Watched the F1 from Baku today, the picture was blurred at least 50% of the time and I got buffering twice.

This has happened before, support will probably tell you that your bandwidth is too low, they will even claim to tell you that your bandwith is about 1.5Mbps, hence the blurryness, well I have regular ADSL with 12.6Mbps download speed (evidence attached). Actually its your servers that cant cope with demand at peak times.

I see I'm not the only one complaining.

What will be done, if anything???

0 Thanks
5 Replies
UncleZen
Occasional Poster

Re: Blurred Tv pictures on sky F1

Blurry NowTV 20180428.jpgI see I can only attached 1 file, so heres what the picture looked like...

0 Thanks
UncleZen
Occasional Poster

I have a friend that also had the blurry picture issue.

He has 115Mbps BT fibre.

Thisis not a bandwidth issue, its nowtv infrastructure issue

0 Thanks
kmahmood
Contributor 1

Well I have a 300Mb fibre broadband and still find all of the sports channels on Now TV blurry in motion and stuttering although no buffering thankfully.

Remarkably the video streams are smooth and TV  broadcast quality on BBC IPlayer and BT Sports apps in comparison.

Sirgarry
First Poster

Re: Blurred Pictures on Sky Sports

Currently attempting to stream the Test from Old Trafford. Exactly the same problem. Blurred picture rolls in and out. Broadband stream fine. Tried rebooting, no change. Sky sports been like this for a while. Movies and Sky TV fine as is iPlayer Netflix etc. Do something Sky or lose another customer 

0 Thanks
djrabes
First Poster

Re: Blurred Pictures on Sky Sports

I've had no issues streaming Now TV quality wise, although I did notice with the Belgian GP stream some like blobs on the picture after extended watching on both TVs in the house, Only noticeable when looking close to the screen, quality wasn't affected much and everything was clear to read. Exiting the stream and going back onto Sky Sports F1 resolved it for a few minutes before they came back. 

0 Thanks