cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
C3RBERUS
Scholar

Re: Blotchy / Blocky Picture On Sports Channels

This isnt really a solution is it, if now tv see this they wont fix it theyll just tell you/us to do the same. Don’t understand what their issue is and why its taken so long to get the problem rectified since they are the only service who dont offer 4k hdr streaming even though they increased their costs. Quality is beyond rubbish. Why should anyone choose to change settings for one provider over multiple? Come one NOW fix you services!

0 Thanks
Mattio
Scholar

Anyone else think Now have applied some fix their end?

I’ve been watching all morning and not seen any of the camouflage effect. 

I’ve not changed anything and tv hasn’t done any updates since august. 

C3RBERUS
Scholar

May have done, ive noticed a slighty better quality with boost over the past 3 days especially with movies. Some older shows like simpsons and friends and more cartoony shows its still noticeable but this could be down to age of show?

Mattio
Scholar

I’ve actually sacked off my movie subs as I wasn’t using it but I’ve been watching Soccer AM and now Soccer Saturday as that is where I usually notice it the most yet it definitely seems better. 
Still only a crap HD stream, but it doesn’t look like I’m watching it through a fishing net at the minute!

0 Thanks
Mattio
Scholar

Age of the programme could defInitely come into play too yeh 

0 Thanks
Bambam

Now TV need to sort this ASAP!

the volume of people having the same issue is overwhelming.

it’s not an issue with the TV - all other services work fine

it’s not an internet issue - all other services work fine like Netflix 

it’s not an issue with my fire stick - all other services like prime and Netflix work fine

as with the other members here my NON 4K fire stick did not highlight this crap camp effect. My new 4K fire stick does.

now TV are the only people pumping out crap resolution and devices that are used to play NTV have moved on…now tv has been left in the dark! Simple as that

0 Thanks
Mattio
Scholar

So after this being fixed for months, today the crap picture is back! Wtf have they done now?!

0 Thanks
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Mattio 

It’s possible an update is required to the app. Report the fault with sending pictures to support by an email to customer support, use the picture below for the email address.

gavs82008_0-1648903860428.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
0 Thanks
CamoNet
Observer

Just subscribed today and landed here via Google as was researching fixes to what looks like a camouflage net over the picture, which is especially obvious on darker scenes.

I'm running ATV (4k gen 2) in Dolby Vision 4k 50hz mode on a LG C9. I have no issues with any other apps or streams.

I suspected it was something to do with HDR mode, so knocked it into SDR mode and the camo net effect disappeared. Put it into HDR mode and no camo net, and then back to Dolby Vision 4k again and also no camo net. So I'm now thinking it's some kind of stream flag that's not being read properly until the modes have been changed.

Obviously a Now TV issue as no issues elsewhere. Disappointing to see this issue dating back a number of years though, and the quality of support is abysmal.

Mattio
Scholar

I was on support chat yesterday (again) about this. 
For the first time I actually managed to speak to a person who realised it’s an issue their end. Nothing has changed obviously but it was nice once to not have my setup blamed. 

I use the Samsung native app and there isn’t a way to downgrade the resolution. I do have a 4K Apple box though on another tv (which is only 1080) so I will connect that up to the 4K tv and downgrade the stream. I’m sure that’ll work. 

what I don’t get is the fact it ‘fixed’ itself for 6 months by magic. Now it’s ###### again. 

0 Thanks