cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

BT sport

Can I access BT Sport on now TV? To watch champions League matches.

1 Solution
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Unfortunately at the moment there is no BT Sport on the NowTV service Smiley Sad.

There is a cross supply agreement between BT & NowTV where the BT Sport App is maybe coming to the NowTV boxes & stick.

Where this information is still a little sketchy at the moment and no official date has been confirmed apart from it's apparently going to happen sometime during 2019.

View solution in original post

178 Replies
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's my understanding that BT sports app will not be available until Now TV is in 1080p 

RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

Do you have a source for this understanding?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

i recently purchased a 4k fire stick and was struggling to get my Plusnet / BT sports subscription to login on the 4k fs, I spoke to BT about this problem (about 2 weeks ago), only to be told they are working on the problem with no release date as yet but the app is being worked on, so i then asked when will the BT sports app be available on my Now tv box, i was then told it will be coming to Now tv but not until its available in 1080p and they are currently testing 1080 she said.

If the information i was told is correct i don't know, but with the crappy 65" 6 month old Sony tv that's actually Linux not Android, i am struggling to watch BT sports on the TV, the only way i can currently watch BT sports is by casting it from my phone.

hope this helps 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Thanks for that - noted.

BTW, I don’t know if a visit here will make you feel better about your Linux Sony TV or not.....😈

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Is this the BT sport available now ?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

No not until December if we are lucky. More likely to be next year. 

However it is up to Sky/BT to make an official announcement for launch.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This page https://www.sky.com/help/articles/get-bt-sport-on-sky now says 'early 2020', although the FAQs below it still says 2019.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

This news isn't really surprising considering the trials for HD don't seem to be ending anytime soon. 

Although from what I gather there is a new BT box being launched next year. Perhaps this has allowed Sky/BT to delay the official upgrade of Now TV so both ban be done at the same time?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

when we will be able to acees bt sport normal sky customers can why cant we?

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

I don't think that has been announced yet.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok thanks just hope they get it sorted for next season
UKTVPlayapp
Expert

What BT Sport channels will be added to Now TV boxes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@UKTVPlayapp wrote:

What BT Sport channels will be added to Now TV boxes.

It should be their 4 sports channels (BT Sport 1,2,3 & ESPN).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

when we will be able to acees bt sport normal sky customers can why cant we?

Most likely during the summer before the next football season kicks off. Sky will be wholesaling BT Sport on Sky TV & NowTV. At the moment Sky customers pay for BT Sport via BT and not Sky directly.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been told it's coming on 17July 2019 that is from BT
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't think anyone really knows yet, and won't know until the announcement is made. Unless the admin of that linked site has received insider information he/she is guessing like the rest of us. BT haven't announced anything yet so any news would need to be taken with a large pinch of salt 😉

ken242
Expert

bt might not have chamions league for long as itv and sky have got together to put bid in on monday for the rights to get the chamions football for the next arund so bt got stiff competion from itv and sky .

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

I can see that BT Sport are offering a non contract service supported on various devices (unfortunately no nowtv or Roku devices are on the list from what i can see) where they will be charging £25 for the privilege (though you do get 4K HDR device permitted).

I am guessing it's only one stream per account ?

More information in this link below which was released today.

https://sport.bt.com/news/bt-sport-launches-monthly-pass-to-give-fans-more-ways-to-watch-than-ever-b... 

https://www.bt.com/sport/monthly-pass?s_intcid=con_BTSportPortal_Content_Monthly_Pass_PR 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps 

This pass is more or less replicating the BT sport add on for EE customers. Which I have taken advantage a few times. 

I can confirm that you can register up to 4 devices and watch 2 at the same time. 

Funnily enough a few days ago I received an email from BT trials asking to be part of additional trials for BT Sport. Part of the email mentioned that Now TV was ongoing, so I am guessing it hasn't finished, maybe next year.

But what struck me is that no mention of Roku only Now TV devices, a shame because BT Sport on Roku would make a great addition to the lineup.  

Enapace
Expert 2

The EE addon if you have one of there higher packages works out cheaper then £25 tho.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Enapace 

I have a very standard EE account, 30GB data and the usual EU roaming. 

To get the BT Sport add-on for "free" you would need to have the Smart SIM plan to get BT sport as an option for a swappable benefit, even then it is £5 on top of that for big screen use. 

Whereas on the standard plans it is straight forward £15 a month. 

That being said not everyone will have an EE sim contract of course. 

But yes I agree if you have an EE sim you can get it far cheaper than £25 a month. Either way, far better value for money than Now TV Sports, which has no catch up content, not all channels are 50fps. For big screen use BT have done fantastically well since launching about a year ago and Now TV has been around for what seems forever with almost no improvements.......