cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UKTVPlayapp
Regular 1

Re: BT sport

Looking like 1st August 2019 for BT Sport launching on now tv boxes and sticks.
0 Thanks
Duncaw67
Occasional Poster

I checked that information today on the website and it states TBC before the Aug 1st start date,so could be anytime thereafter.????

0 Thanks
robert1997
Scholar 5

With the greatest of respect @UKTVPlayapp but maybe it would be best for you to avoid that site as the date changes every few days on it. As @Duncaw67 correctly says it does add a 'TBC' to the date. Until an official announcement is made those guys are only guessing the same as the rest of us. I wouldn't put any faith in a site which has changed the date 4 times already 😆

0 Thanks
robert1997
Scholar 5

IMPORTANT reading for anyone waiting on BT Sport on Sky, and therefore NowTV. This was posted this morning by a Community Manager on the official Sky forum "It won't be in time for the new season starting I'm afraid. It's looking like Autumn at the earliest"

Link here https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Q/BT-sport-on-sky-q-please/m-p/3033144#M231086

gavs82008
Advocate 1

@robert1997 

Those are forums I check as often as possible, good find on the comment. 

Not entirely surprising to see its going to be delayed though. At least it is some form of official comment from Sky though.

That being said the 1080p announcement from T3/pocketlit said it wont be til later in the year. So the comment from the community manager makes sense if they want everything ironed out. 

Still disappointing that a further delay on much needed improvements. 

UKTVPlayapp
Regular 1

Maybe they will try an launch bt sport on now tv boxes and sticks just before the champions league group stages and europa league group stages start in mid September time.
0 Thanks
robert1997
Scholar 5

I'd be surprised if it makes it any time this year now. When they say "Autumn at the earliest" I don't think they're too confident of an Autumn launch. This sort of talk in 'TV speak' usually translates to anything up to 6 months into the future. Look how long it's taken to get 1080p sorted and we're still waiting (almost 8 months late and counting). I think this thread can probably be allowed to die it's own death now 😪

0 Thanks
Bowlesy
Occasional Poster

Hi
I'm new to now TV. I have app on my bt youview box. I registered and then bought a Now TV voucher in currys to watch open golf . I put in voucher code and my account says I have a weeks pass but not showing in my bt TV app ??
0 Thanks
robert1997
Scholar 5

@Bowlesy 

I'm repeating my other post here in the hope you don't miss it. Sorry it isn't good news 😒

Currently the only pass that works on Youview is the Movies pass. Entertainment and Sports are not available and never have been on BT Youview. That is expected to change sometime this year (hopefully).

0 Thanks
David12341
Contributor 1

Now TV on the BT you veiw box's is not available only movies on Youview BT
box's TVs sorry to say .
0 Thanks