cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Elite

Re: BT sport

@Ben10 

Until Sky can allow Now TV to have red button games, catch up sports and all the sport channels in 50fps then yes I would certainly agree that BT have the upper hand with Sky/Now TV here. 

Highlighted
Expert

What now tv boxes will the BT’s sports app be compatible on when it finally arrive this spring.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @UKTVPlayapp 

The link from the third party website that was posted on this thread on here says Smart Stick or Smart Box with voice search which suggests to me the 4K Smart box.

Where if you believe the NowTV Tweet posted by the NowTV Twitter Help Team they are quoting the NowTV stick plus all NowTV boxes apart from the first generation white box.

Suppose we will have to wait and see, but i doubt very much the white box will be compatible with the BT Sports App where it doesn't offer the full range of Apps from the NowTV Apps Store due to the lack of processing grunt being a first generation box.

Screenshot_2020-02-21-17-22-42~2.png

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Expert 2

All i would like to see now rolled out on the NowTV service sometime soon is the remaining eight Sky Sports channels getting the 50fps PQ treatment, a red button sports service, a 7 day sports catchup service and maybe a BT Sports App on my NowTV & Roku branded devices then i will be an happy NowTV customer

@schnapps 

I suspect some of this will happen in the very near future except red button & 7 day catch up.  FWIW I think now tv should provide this to monthly subscribers even if day week and mobile subscribers are excluded.

Highlighted
Scholar 2

Surely it's going to be on NOW TV Smart Box with 4K & Voice Search as well.   The two boxes listed are obsolete.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @BITM2007 

If it's similar to the Sky Sports Box Office or Netflix App then i would expect all NowTV branded devices will support the future BT Sports App (except the white NowTV box).

Though i have no insider knowledge about this, just pure speculation / guess work on my part.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

You can now buy bt sky sports add on first 39.99 but how will this go on
the now tv boxs
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Elite

@David12341 

Where is your source for BT passes on Now TV? 

Currently it is only Ireland that has the BT sport pass on Now TV. Nothing yet for the UK market. 

Direct from BT regarding BT sport month pass.

https://www.bt.com/sport/monthly-pass

The BT Sport Monthly Pass allows you to watch through the BT Sport app on iOS, Android, Chromecast, Samsung Smart TV, Xbox One, Apple TV and Sony PlayStation 4. You can also watch online at sport.bt.com

Please note: you can't watch the BT Sport Monthly Pass on an Amazon Fire TV stick or a set-top box from any TV provider. This includes BT, Sky and Virgin

0 Thanks