cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

BT sport

Can I access BT Sport on now TV? To watch champions League matches.

1 Solution
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Unfortunately at the moment there is no BT Sport on the NowTV service Smiley Sad.

There is a cross supply agreement between BT & NowTV where the BT Sport App is maybe coming to the NowTV boxes & stick.

Where this information is still a little sketchy at the moment and no official date has been confirmed apart from it's apparently going to happen sometime during 2019.

View solution in original post

178 Replies
UKTVPlayapp
Expert

Do you know what BT Sports channels on now tv.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Definitely BT Sport channels 1-3 & ESPN. I'm assuming they'll be HD, or at least have HD as an option. I don't know if the Extra channels will be available but for NowTV to have full access to the Champions League games they would have to be made available.

UKTVPlayapp
Expert

Looking foward to BT Sport launching on my now tv smart box with freeview.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What about the now TV sticks ???
UKTVPlayapp
Expert

It will be on now tv sticks as well and now tv black box and now tv smart box with 4K.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do any of you guys have your broadband with BT? If so it will be much cheaper subscribing directly via BT than paying Sky/NowTV for it. Just something to bear in mind 😀

UKTVPlayapp
Expert

At least I am thinking it’s going to be on now tv smart box with freeview. What is the compatible devices for BT Sport.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@UKTVPlayapp 

https://sport.bt.com/news/watch-bt-sport-on-xbox-playstation-4-samsung-tv-and-apple-tv-with-new-larg...

In short

Available platforms

• Samsung Smart TVs (2015 models onwards)
  • Apple TV (Fourth generation devices onwards)
  • Xbox One (One, One S and One X consoles)
  • PlayStation 4
  • Chromecast Ultra

Key features

• BT Sport’s five live TV channels, plus BT Sport Extra services
  • Full HD (1080p up to 50 frames per second)
  • Comprehensive highlights and on demand service, with 4K UHD and TV listings to follow 
  • Additional platforms and further personalised services to follow

Although if I am not mistaken I believe HDR is now available. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
starman73
Elite

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2020/02/18/bt-launches-new-flexible-tv-packages/

Seems like a one way street. launch on February 21...

NOW TV has been fully integrated with the BT TV platform, meaning customers can now watch, pause, rewind and record premium Sky Entertainment and Sky Sports content on the BT TV platform.

Big Sport (£40) combines the BT Sport with the Sky Sports channels...

Nice, but can Now TV customers watch, pause, rewind and record(?) BT Sport content along with Sky Sports for £40/month ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anyone else read the article released yesterday that BT sport maybe available on NOWTV from 21/02/2020

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Good spot!

At the same time as NOW TV is made available to BT TV customers, Sky will be offering BT Sport directly to their customers from February 21.

To me it certainly now sounds like if its going to be through Now TV, it will be via a Pass watched directly in the Now TV app. If that is the case, would it also have its catch-up and be 1080p/50fps by default?

starman73
Elite

@gavs82008 @Anonymous User 
At the same time as NOW TV is made available to BT TV customers, Sky will be offering BT Sport directly to their customers from February 21.

I read that as Sky offering that rather than Now TV.  So there may be a £40 BT Sport + Sky Sports package on Sky, but I don’t think that is a given with Now TV. I guess all will be clear tomorrow.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@starman73 

You couldn't be more correct. with Now TV and BT sports nothing has been confirmed how it will be implemented. All I was doing was speculating based on the Irish set up. 

Fingers crossed there is some form of news or confirmation tomorrow of how BT sport will be "packaged" on Now TV. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It still hasn’t been made clear if your are a non BT tv customer with a BT youview box if you will be able to log into now tv app on the box and watch the sports and entertainment live the way you can now with sky cinema 

Anyone any idea about this??

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I had a chat with a Senior NowTV Staff Member yesterday about this and he confirmed that non BT customers will have access via the NowTV App on the Youview Platform (across most boxes) to watch content via your Cinema, Entertainment, Sports, Kids & Hayu Passes where i am in the same boat has you not being a BT customer.

When i asked him about is the above going to happen tomorrow the 21st of February inline with the BT live switch on date he wouldn't confirm and just said very soon for non BT customers.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Soon to these people could mean years lol 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I think it's going to be very soon and not months or years where i have been told to keep an eye out for further news updates in the next coming couple of weeks.

If it was years or months i doubt NowTV would have recently added this last paragraph on this linked article below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/now-tv-shows-that-aren-t-available-on-youview 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You would think if they are updating the app tomorrow for BT they would just do the whole lot I’m sick of switching remote controls lol 

One box on remote simple life lol 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am going to check the NowTV App tomorrow morning just in case the update miraculously appears on my Youview box for non BT customers (you never know).

Otherwise i will have to be patient and have to wait a little longer where i am expecting the NowTV App to be updated very soon for non BT customers based on the reliable information i was given from a trustworthy NowTV Senior Staff Member who has always given me correct information in the past when and where he can.

You could ask live chat, but i would guess they wouldn't go off script and just say coming very soon. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ll not sleep the night lol