cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Elite

Re: BT sport

@starman73 

If its anything like Ireland Now TV, then I would assume there will be a BT sport pass for £25 a month.

That is pure speculation though

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Expert 2

@gavs82008 There is a £25 BT Sport pass, just no app on Now TV sticks/boses.  Nor Fire TV sticks/boxes.  Anyway I do have a chromecast, so I can just use that when I leave Virgin in August.

Highlighted
Elite

@starman73 

From what I have seen with Now TV Ireland the BT sport pass is directly via Now TV billing. 

Although I do understand that BT are in the progress of testing Roku devices for BT sport. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Expert 2

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2020/02/18/bt-launches-new-flexible-tv-packages/

Seems like a one way street. launch on February 21...

NOW TV has been fully integrated with the BT TV platform, meaning customers can now watch, pause, rewind and record premium Sky Entertainment and Sky Sports content on the BT TV platform.

Big Sport (£40) combines the BT Sport with the Sky Sports channels...

Nice, but can Now TV customers watch, pause, rewind and record(?) BT Sport content along with Sky Sports for £40/month ?

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Anyone else read the article released yesterday that BT sport maybe available on NOWTV from 21/02/2020

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Elite

@Ben10 

Good spot!

At the same time as NOW TV is made available to BT TV customers, Sky will be offering BT Sport directly to their customers from February 21.

To me it certainly now sounds like if its going to be through Now TV, it will be via a Pass watched directly in the Now TV app. If that is the case, would it also have its catch-up and be 1080p/50fps by default?

0 Thanks
Expert 2

@gavs82008 @Ben10 
At the same time as NOW TV is made available to BT TV customers, Sky will be offering BT Sport directly to their customers from February 21.

I read that as Sky offering that rather than Now TV.  So there may be a £40 BT Sport + Sky Sports package on Sky, but I don’t think that is a given with Now TV. I guess all will be clear tomorrow.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Elite

@starman73 

You couldn't be more correct. with Now TV and BT sports nothing has been confirmed how it will be implemented. All I was doing was speculating based on the Irish set up. 

Fingers crossed there is some form of news or confirmation tomorrow of how BT sport will be "packaged" on Now TV. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Observer

It still hasn’t been made clear if your are a non BT tv customer with a BT youview box if you will be able to log into now tv app on the box and watch the sports and entertainment live the way you can now with sky cinema 

Anyone any idea about this??

0 Thanks