cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ken242
Expert

Re: BT Sport - Any News?

the move as just gone live so you can wach live moves on the now tv app on bt it just on the t 400 box so  far .

0 Thanks
gavs82008
Expert 3

@ken242 

Don't want to sound rude, but your post was sightly difficult to follow. 

My guess is that Movies Live and on-demand are on YouView, whereas before only on-demand Movies were available. Correct me if picked you up wrong?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/now-tv-shows-that-aren-t-available-on-youview

NOW TV shows that aren't available on YouView

We always try to bring you the best in epic entertainment. However, at times, we’re restricted by specific devices. YouView is one such example – only movies are available.

Enjoy your Sky Cinema Pass on YouView

You'll find all the live Sky Cinema channels, plus all the on demand movies that are currently available with a Sky Cinema Month Pass, on YouView.

(Live Sky Cinema channels aren't currently available on TalkTalk's DN372T and DN360T boxes.)

@gavs82008 

There was always Movies on demand on BT Youview with the Cinema channels accessible from the epg. I haven't checked it out yet myself but from what I've read elsewhere the Cinema channels are now being streamed from the NowTV app on the box for the first time, and in 1080p to boot.

This could mean Sky Sports via NowTV on BT Youview (plus epg for recording purposes) is a step closer if the Cinema changes work out well.

gavs82008
Expert 3

@robert1997 

Ah yes thanks for that, I tried to say previously YouView only had on-demand movies, whereas now they have both Live and on-demand. Didn't help that I worded it badly! (And that was me bashing at someone else for wording haha)

Although with you saying that both Live and on-demand are in 1080p via YouView, wonder if this mean the rest of the devices have been updated to 1080p also?

Might have to put that to the test later on with my Samsung TV, as you are aware I have been taking part of the trial on the Now TV stick so I know what to compare it with 😊

gavs82008
Expert 3

@robert1997 

Just found the comment you might have spotted on the BT fourm.

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/now-tv-app/m-p/1969442#M52270

the story here was that a standard definition service (and the on demand titles are still SD), is now allowing you to watch live in 1080p HD.

Even I have to get excited about this, it could very well be the trial is almost over and the implementation is around the corner?

ken242
Expert

so that wy i was watching a film on the now tv app with all 11 moves channls live on my bt box

0 Thanks

@gavs82008 

I'm quietly hopeful that if the movies work as planned then the rest will follow. The only thing that will sway me back to sports is if it's 1080p/50fps.

RoyB Legend 5
Legend 5

@UtilitiesLuke @Chezlaaa @robert1997 

I’ve had to become an instant expert on the ‘Rules of the Road’ today (at the bottom of this page), and this one may be applicable here:-

2.4 You agree not to use the Forum or NOW TV website (or any part of it) to:

• Solicit personal information, email addresses, contact information, passwords or other personally identifying information
  • Solicit participation in public discussion, debate, comment or activity outside this Forum;

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’.
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks

So how many of these rules are we breaking @RoyB as I'll admit I'm a tad confused?

RoyB Legend 5
Legend 5

@robert1997 @Chezlaaa 

None.

Sorry for the confusion; if the posting had been an email, you two would just have been Cc:s, FYI 🤗

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’.
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂