cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chezlaaa
Occasional Poster

BT Sport - Any News?

Is there any update on when we will be able to get BT Sport on Now TV?  I want to switch from BT to another provider but don't want to lose BT Sport.  The last messages I saw on here went back to February 2019 with a potential launch date of June/July for BT Sport on Now TV.  Let's hope it's good news ...... 

0 Thanks
11 Replies
gavs82008
Advocate 1

Re: BT Sport - Any News?

There is another thread for the exact thing you are asking about.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Everything-Sports/BT-sport/m-p/491089#M502

To quickly answer your question, no there has been no updates from BT or Sky on BT Sport becoming available. 

Sky's only official word is mid 2019 before the new football season

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/get-bt-sport-on-sky 

My assumption is trials will hopefully come our way at the start of July before the actual launch.

0 Thanks
Chezlaaa
Occasional Poster

This is soooooooooooooooooo frustrating! I am desperate to switch from BT for my Broadband/landline but can't live without MotoGP.  Yes, I saw the thread from February but it seemed to have died a death with no updates.  Let's hope BT Sport comes to Now TV very soon (I can't have a Sky dish where I live due to trees blocking the signal) - right now I feel BT have got sports fans over a barrel 😞 

0 Thanks
robert1997
Scholar 5

You can't really blame BT @Chezlaaa as this of course is a cross supply deal. Everything has to be in place for not only BT Sport to become available via NowTV but also NowTV being ready for adding to the BT TV offering via BT Youview. There's a lot of ducks to get in a row before we're going to get any concrete news relating to both of these changes on the two platforms.

0 Thanks
Bowlesy
Occasional Poster

Going in the opposite direction I have Now TV app on my bt tv . I registered for now and bought a sky sports pass from currys. Voucher number applied but wont work ??
0 Thanks
robert1997
Scholar 5

@Bowlesy 

Currently the only pass that works on Youview is the Movies pass. Entertainment and Sports are not available and never have been on BT Youview. That is expected to change sometime this year (hopefully).

Highlighted
UtilitiesLuke
First Poster

Evening chezlaa, no new update on bt sport on now tv but there are other options to get bt sport not through BT. I help people get better deals on their tv phone, broadband and other utilitys. Let me know if you want me to give you a call yo discuss your options. 

0 Thanks
robert1997
Scholar 5

@Chezlaaa 

The post by @UtilitiesLuke sounds very dodgy to me, not only is it highly irregular and very suspicious but this person can't even spell properly. BEWARE!!!!!

Dec90
First Poster

Still no news? It’s getting very frustrating since BT was taken off my Eir phone package...missing countless football games and ufc 

0 Thanks
gavs82008
Advocate 1

@Dec90 

Unfortunately no official news or updated from both Sky/Now TV or BT. Whilst I understand that it is frustrating I can say 2 things

1. There is a trial ongoing for an updated Now TV (which I don't think I can say much, apart from massive difference in picture quality and sound, have yet to try it with a Sports pass though)

2. As a BT Plus customer they are testing out a monthly sports pass. 

My guess is that both are somewhat connected. So until both trials from BT and Now TV are finished we wont see any updates.